Featured Green glass vase - czechoslovakia

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by aaroncab, May 9, 2018.

1. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

Is this considered "spatter" glass - there doesn't seem to be very much spatter. The mark has the open "O"s in czechoslovakia - which I've read is oftentimes(but not always) indicative of Kralik. Ideas on where from beyond it being Czech glass(I realize I probably won't get more specific than that)? 7" high.

~

41087433115_9c0a5bf511_kdev.jpg 40180585180_cb1d8855f7_kdev.jpg 40180606760_330c2834a0_kdev.jpg 41087413405_ef7797b22a_kdev.jpg 41942737182_35dd17c0de_kdev.jpg 41987292021_55bb0ea78e_kdev.jpg 41942727132_6ef4d3e012_kdev.jpg 41087392355_34ef3720a5_kdev.jpg

Last edited: May 9, 2018
  2. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

3. aaroncab

Huntingtreasure, judy and cxgirl like this.
  4. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

lol, I'm the same way. That is why it helps to have extra eyes looking at this stuff, they pick up the ones we may miss:) I couldn't find that shape though, maybe @desperate_fun will stop by for a look.

5. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Very nice find.
    :)

aaroncab and Huntingtreasure like this.
  6. desperate_fun

desperate_fun Irregular Member

I wouldn't call this spatter glass. I'm not really sure what you would call this decor. I think it might be Kralik but I want to run it by my Guru for confirmation.

I'll get back to you asap.

Edit: I was just looking closely at the images and now I'm waffling on the Kralik attribution (I have been wrong before)

aaroncab likes this.
  7. aaroncab

Thanks DF!

8. desperate_fun

Well, I just talked to Craig and he confirmed it was Kralik (He just sold one identical, but different color) When he showed me the pics of his it dawned on me I had actually seen this shape and decor before.

I asked if it had a named decor and he told me that there wasn't a decor name that he was aware of. He said in his sale, he referred to it as 'polkadot"

As a side, Well done on the sale of your other Kralik piece. I was watching it and it went a little out of my price range.

judy, Lucille.b, UncleChuckTX and 2 others like this.
  9. aaroncab

Thanks again DF - you're very kind to talk to Craig on my behalf - good news on this one! I paid the same for this one as I did the other - 3.99. I now have bought 2 pieces of Kralik for under 8 bucks total - never would have thought!

Also - as a side note on this piece - it has some water staining on the inside - don't know if it's actually to the point of being "sick" - I haven't tried too hard to get the filminess off yet, we'll see if it comes off with a good vinegar soak.

judy, pearlsnblume and desperate_fun like this.
  10. desperate_fun

No problem at all. I'm glad I could help. It also helps me gain additional knowledge.

I would have paid $3.99 for those 2 pices as well. Very good score(s) on your part.

judy, pearlsnblume and aaroncab like this.
  11. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Wow, nice ID Cxgirl and Desperate! (And Craig!)

And another great find, Aaron! Keep up the good eye/good luck! :)

judy, aaroncab and pearlsnblume like this.
  12. aaroncab

Last edited: May 10, 2018
    judy, desperate_fun and cxgirl like this.
  13. Huntingtreasure

Huntingtreasure Well-Known Member

Nice find! :happy:

Last edited: May 11, 2018
    judy and pearlsnblume like this.
  14. aaroncab

Sorry I edited my post while you replied - link is back in now.

Last edited: May 11, 2018
  15. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

judy and aaroncab like this.
  16. aaroncab

Aha - I'll point them to this thread so they can see :)

judy and cxgirl like this.
  17. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

I can't remember her name here, just remember the name of her ebay store. She posted a Heisey Decanter a few months ago that sold very well.

18. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

CX, I believe it's:

@Savvy*Spyglass*Treasures
    "Fancy Endeavours. That's my user ID on eBay now."

judy and aaroncab like this.
  19. Savvy*Spyglass*Treasures

Savvy*Spyglass*Treasures Fancy Endeavours. That's my user ID on eBay now.

LOL! I wonder if my ears were ringing back in May! I'm surprised it's been that long since I've visited this site. Sheesh. I hope everyone is well! I will be posting a couple of pottery items in a bit for help if any of you are knowledgeable or interested in baked dirt.

Have a great day!

Juli

judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted