Green glass vase?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by *crs*, Aug 10, 2022.

1. *crs*

*crs* Hippy Dippy Antiquer

I haven't had much luck finding any info on this vase? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Just shy of 5" tall x 3 1/2" diameter. Thank you Dansk.png Dansk2.png
    [​IMG]

judy likes this.
  2. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

3. *crs*

Not exactly the same but pretty d*mn close. I see a lot of those seems to be Holland made. When I found I was thinking along the lines of Dansk which is close. Thank you Don

4. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

It's absolutely a hyacinth vase shape. If I can find it, someone I know wrote an excellent article on it for the Glass Association here.

5. *crs*

Thank you

judy and pearlsnblume like this.
  6. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Dutch girl agrees, hyacinth vase.;)
    Hyacinth vases were invented in The Netherlands. In the first half of the 18th century, about a century after the 'tulipmania' period, there was a more modest 'hyacinthmania'. Every bulb was precious, and these vases made it possible to grow them safely indoors.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2022
    Figtree3, bercrystal, dgbjwc and 3 others like this.
  7. *crs*

Thank you Any Jewelry.

Any Jewelry likes this.
  8. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

You're welcome.:)

*crs* likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted