Green glaze pottery with signature

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by bobsyouruncle, Oct 26, 2017.

1. bobsyouruncle

bobsyouruncle Well-Known Member

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Hi! Back for more help. This vase is about 8 inches tall and I'm sure I should know the mark .. Just can't seem to remember. Any help greatly appreciated.

judy likes this.
  2. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

Can you do a closeup of the mark for us old people?

Bakersgma and judy like this.
  3. bobsyouruncle

Difficult lol I am one of us. I'm off to try!

4. bobsyouruncle

image.jpeg Hope this works

judy likes this.
  5. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

I thought the pot looked newer and Asian, but the marks don't agree. I'm sorry, I don't know it.

6. bobsyouruncle

Thank you for trying! I do appreciate it

7. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

The numbers and glaze look Austrian.

I see a "G"
    upload_2017-10-26_13-22-32.png

Also an "L", "S" and "C"
    upload_2017-10-26_13-24-19.png

bobsyouruncle and judy like this.
  8. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

bobsyouruncle likes this.
  9. bobsyouruncle

thank you but it seems to not access the marks project site

10. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

11. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Bev, I don't think this is studio pottery. It has a stamped style #.

Lucille.b likes this.
  12. Cat Gilmurray

Cat Gilmurray New Member

Hi, I realise this is an old thread but did anyone ever work out the stamp? I have something with EXACTLY the same stamp and have been trying everything to find out! It's a candle holder, green glazed, looks very like aesthetic movement/art nouveau pottery. I can add pictures if anyone needs them but the stamp is identical and I can't find a website online that helps with art pottery marks...

13. Cat Gilmurray

Cat Gilmurray New Member

Hi, I realise this is an old thread but did anyone ever work out the stamp? I have something with EXACTLY the same stamp and have been trying everything to find out! It's a candle holder, green glazed, looks very like aesthetic movement/art nouveau pottery. I can add pictures if anyone needs them but the stamp is identical and I can't find a website online that helps with art pottery marks... (Cited from: https://www.antiquers.com/threads/green-glaze-pottery-with-signature.21881/)

14. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

mirana likes this.
  15. Cat Gilmurray

Cat Gilmurray New Member

Hi thanks, just took a look... But I don't think it would come under any of those... I don't think it's American or German, or probably even English. It looks turn of the century era, possibly Art Nouveau, but I don't know whether it's Belgian or French maybe??

16. bobsyouruncle

If anyone has any idea, I am still trying to find the answer. Thank you for bringing this back up

Potteryplease likes this.
  17. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

@Cat Gilmurray Go ahead and add a photo of your item, include a photo of the stamp.

Since @bobsyouruncle still hasn't solved it, maybe a 2nd piece will unearth something!

Cat, you can post it right in this thread. Use "Full Image".

Potteryplease likes this.
  18. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Sidebar.....

Huntsville recently got hacked.......u wouldn't know anything about that..... now would you ???;)

19. Cat Gilmurray

Cat Gilmurray New Member

Hi, being stupid, can’t work out how to add my photos from my phone!!?

20. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

For Future reference, when posting images:

Each image MUST be UNDER 1 MB....
    There are instructions on site here on how to reduce the size of your image, if that is the problem......you are allowed up to 10 images per post!!! Here are some links to the instructions:

Try emailing them to yourself as "medium" size, they should then be under 1 MB!

If on the computer:
    https://www.antiquers.com/threads/posting-a-thread-and-uploading-pictures.15990/

If on an iPhone:
    https://www.antiquers.com/threads/resizing-photos-on-i-phone.35097/

And if on an Android phone:
    https://www.antiquers.com/threads/using-an-android-phone-for-pics-on-antiquers.41709/

As an added note, when you have your photos LISTED, BUT BEFORE you hit POST, please click on the wording that says to "INSERT EVERY IMAGE AS FULL IMAGE" !! That way, we're not clicking on little thumbnails, but get to see all of the images full sized!! Thanks! Remember, it takes a bit for MOST new members to get the hang of it, but it's really quite simple once you get used to it!!!" If you still have questions, DON'T hesitate to ASK!!!!

Lucille.b likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted