Greetings from New Orleans.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by magilla71, Jan 28, 2016.

1. magilla71

magilla71 New Member

That's the prob. I want everything. Furniture, quilts, clothing, artwork, kitchen stuff, farm equip. etc.

KingofThings likes this.
  2. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Ha!!!!!

3. KingofThings

Doesn't sound like a problem to me! ;)
    Get a U-Haul and get movin'! :)

magilla71 likes this.
  4. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Ah! That's a tough problem to have!

magilla71 likes this.
  5. magilla71

magilla71 New Member

Yes, she was named after that Magilla Gorilla. You lost me when you asked if she was for sale. Sorry bout that. I'm new & trying to respond to everyone. I'm a little lost.

KingofThings likes this.
  6. KingofThings

Sorry..... I recalled that being part of the jingle.... I think. :)

7. magilla71

magilla71 New Member

Sorry, no Banderas goodness. I know Anthony Makie's in it. He's a NOLA boy. The other names escape me right now. It's a "reimagining" of the Roots miniseries. It includes Alex Haley's writing of it. That why the time frame is so big.

KingofThings likes this.
  8. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Hi Magila,cant wait to see your pics ! That sounds like every collectors dream,a warehouse full of goodies !

KingofThings likes this.
  9. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

Ah, well, I had to try!

magilla71 and KingofThings like this.
  10. magilla71

magilla71 New Member

Actually, there may be. I'll ask the set designer if he's there tomorrow. It's almost impossible to see everything. Been there two days in a row, prob. a total of six hrs. looking and it would take days to look at everything.

KingofThings likes this.
  11. KingofThings

YAY!!!! :)
    Thank you!!!

12. magilla71

magilla71 New Member

Vintage clothing is really what I collect most. I haven't even been in that room yet. :wideyed:

Bakersgma and KingofThings like this.
  13. KingofThings

Navy uniforms too please. :)

14. magilla71

magilla71 New Member

I have lots of pics. It varies so much I don't really now where to post them yet. Can I post pics even if I don't have a question? How will you know when I do? Like I said, I'm new to ANY forum and I'm not sure how this works.

KingofThings likes this.
  15. KingofThings

Go to the forum button at the top and check them out. When you post there it will show up in the alerts to the right.
    There is also usage info there.
    ~
    Better if we know something than nothing. If anyone wants to know more be prepared to give that info pretty quickly.
    ~
    Anything you want to sell goes in the Sell forum.
    ~
    If you want info but unsure, General Discussion may be best for you until you tune in how this site works. :)

16. magilla71

magilla71 New Member

Will the folk who asked for more pics know? Is it ok to post pics just to share them?

KingofThings likes this.
  17. KingofThings

I think that is ok but tell us that is what you are doing, just sharing and you aren't asking for help.
    Open a Word doc and make a statement you can reuse, it's easier. :)

18. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

You can post pictures in your own album of the "Gallery" adding "comments" about what something is if you wish, even if you don't want to ask a question about it. Members will see that a new picture has been added to the Gallery by a red number that will appear over the Gallery tab of the main page. (the number reflects how many new pictures have been added.)

You may or may not get "comments" about the picture(s) from other members and you will see an alert of your own to let you know you've been "tagged" by the appearance of the red "alert number" above Alerts on the far right top side of the page near your User Name.

If you decide later to ask a question about items you've already added to the Gallery, you can add those pictures to the thread you start to ask that question directly from the Gallery without needing to upload them a second time. The function to do that is the camera icon in the Reply tool bar (it's called Media Gallery Embed.)

magilla71 and KingofThings like this.
  19. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Bakers....not everyone gets those RED icons...

Welcome Magi !

KingofThings and magilla71 like this.
  20. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

I LOVE the bellows!!!! My bro had a broken set....he was a woodworker as well as a tool & die maker.......he made an awesome coffee table with the remaining bellows!!

KingofThings likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted