Featured Guess this painting...

Discussion in 'Art' started by Bev aka thelmasstuff, May 30, 2019.

1. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

Two years ago I participated in our local Piece by Piece art installation. The first image is the 3" x 3" square of what I was given and had to paint. The second image is my 12" x 12" painting and the third image is what it was - Sunday in the Park by Seurrat.

This year, I hoped to get something better. Nope. It's worse. The fourth image is the 3" x 3" square from this year. Anyone have a clue what it might be from? I've been looking at paintings all week with no inspiration.

IMG_E2329.JPG IMG_E2327.JPG IMG_2328.JPG IMG_2333.jpg

2. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

What an interesting idea. It gets easier when you can see 2 bits. Do they at least reassure you that you have been given it right side up?

pearlsnblume and Any Jewelry like this.
  3. Jivvy

Jivvy the research is my favorite

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

4. Bev aka thelmasstuff

There's an arrow on the back of the image...this side up. I will be sure to tell them that the next picture they choose had better have a more interesting background. I'm sure the folks who got the lower right corner of the Sunday painting feel the same way.

5. Bev aka thelmasstuff

No luck. I just made a terrible painting that I'm ashamed to sign. :depressed:

6. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Bev, I hope you update this thread after the identity is revealed!

Christmasjoy and Jivvy like this.
  7. Jivvy

Jivvy the research is my favorite

Mr. Jivvy, who loves painting and loves puzzles, cheerfully agreed to take a look at this year's square.

He spent approximately 2.003 seconds looking at the image and then wandered off muttering and shaking his head.

I don't think he's coming back.

8. Figtree3

If they always choose a very well-known painting, that narrows it down just a little. :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

My first thought was Rembrandt. Looking through pics of some of his best known paintings I found some with similar colors in some portions. But not the exact shapes.

So, like Mr. Jivvy, I walk away muttering and shaking my head. Sometimes you have to know when to walk away. :peeking:

Any Jewelry and Jivvy like this.
  9. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I had the feeling from the beginning that it is from that period, 17th century. Still do.
    Of course it will turn out to be 20th century.:rolleyes:

Jivvy and Figtree3 like this.
  10. Figtree3

@Bev aka thelmasstuff , come and post the answer! I saw it on Facebook, and was I ever wrong!

Draft saved Draft deleted