Gypsy Young Girl 1920 ?? in a Traditional Dress.. Ireland..Italy..Eastern Europe..???

Discussion in 'Art' started by BTZ64, Mar 9, 2020.

?

Is that a Gypsy known dress..??

1. Is 1920 The period of this artwork..??

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Origine and Painter name if possible..??

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. BTZ64

BTZ64 JB64000

This Painting is part of a bunch of quite Original and Bizarre art Drawings.
    As per the seller the signature has been removed and cut from the original black base carton support....Why..?? That is the question..??
    It has been re-framed and mated with a glass in a Oak frame.
    I quite like the posture and portrait of this Painting.
    It looks like to be a watercolor and Pastel...But not so sure....Dim:painting 44x58 cm
    Asking price..200Euros..But think it can be bargained for a wee less.
    Any idea from your side..
    As always Thanks to all
    JB 016.JPG 016.JPG 015.JPG 014.JPG 017.JPG

2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

That's not a gypsy. It's a young woman wearing a cloche hat. 1920s.

Debora

BTZ64 likes this.
  3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

None of my business but... 200€ seems a bit pricey for a small work that can't be attributed to an artist. Still, it has charm (although frame is out of period and, along with matting, not flattering to work.)

Debora

Last edited: Mar 9, 2020
    komokwa and BTZ64 like this.
  4. BTZ64

BTZ64 JB64000

Thank you very much....I think I am the "Cloche"now....

Any Jewelry likes this.
  5. BTZ64

BTZ64 JB64000

I agree 100% with you....But if I can offer 150 Euros without frame and ugly mate I think I will take...I do like it as well..!!Tomorrow,I will take more photos of what he has got else for sale...Would be interesting to have your idea on yes or no value...Thanks anyway..jb

6. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Why don't you offer 50€ and see what dealer says? It's unattributed and needs reframing.

Debora

Any Jewelry and BTZ64 like this.
  7. BTZ64

BTZ64 JB64000

I wish I could...Here in Ireland Antiques ...Good or Bad are for sale at exuberant Prices...Not too many Brocante or Antiques shop...Except for Victorian or Edwardian every where same stuff....I use Ebay for minor expenditures....And if not kept sell them on Auctions....This is why it is good and interesting to know whom his putting items for auction....As Prices go generally High....Hope my broken english is understandable...jb

Figtree3 likes this.
  8. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Your English is fine.

Debora

BTZ64 likes this.
  9. BTZ64

BTZ64 JB64000

Big Merci..!!

10. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I like it, too. I hope you get it for a good price.

BTZ64 likes this.
  11. BTZ64

BTZ64 JB64000

So far my offers refused...

12. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

:(:(:(

BTZ64 likes this.
  13. BTZ64

BTZ64 JB64000

I know..If there was a signature or anything marked I wouldn't mind to buy...But again It does look quite nice and I quite like her....

Figtree3 likes this.
  14. BTZ64

BTZ64 JB64000

Main question...Why the signature has been removed badly with a Scissors or a sharp knife...??? It might have a reason...Is it again a copy..?? Was it a fake signature removed..?? Is it an Original from ???? Mysterious...!!!!

15. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

I wouldn't pay that much unless I absolutely loved the painting and intended to keep it.

BTZ64 likes this.
  16. BTZ64

BTZ64 JB64000

Thanks for your response...I won't say that I love it..But I do quite like it ...I have home an Original d'epoque ..beautiful carved 1920 frame..Which will go so well with this painting...But I should then ..If I buy ,to cut the painting to at least 1 third to fit the frame....So without any signature , initial marks or facts as ..Attributed to...I am still in balance to offer maybe a wee bit more...Let's see..If again refused Tough Luck..JB

Draft saved Draft deleted