H.Abrams & CO Market Pricing Systems

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by 86beast, Jan 9, 2022.

1. 86beast

86beast New Member

My wife has had this for many years and was used mainly for photography props but wondering if anyone has any information on it? The inserts are all heavier duty card stock.

Here are some images.

Thanks all.

Attached Files:

• 1.PNG
      1.PNG
      File size:
      1,020.8 KB
      Views:
    • 2.PNG
      2.PNG
      File size:
      709.9 KB
      Views:
    • 3.PNG
      3.PNG
      File size:
      358.6 KB
      Views:
    • 4.PNG
      4.PNG
      File size:
      1,001.4 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2022
  2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Please post your pictures here instead of on another site. Resizing to 1MB is easy enough and will still be a good size.

3. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Most folks here won't click links to an unknown site.

Aquitaine likes this.
  4. 86beast

86beast New Member

Thanks all. I have resized and attached the images and removed the link.

antidiem likes this.
  5. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Is there something you particularly want to know? I ask because... They look self-explanatory.

A quick internet search identifies H. Abrams & Co. as a merchandising supply company operating in Los Angeles in the 1940s. (That would be consistent with the 1-digit postal zone which was in use, along with those with 2-digits between 1943 and 1963.) They also produced metal price strips for shelving.

Debora

Figtree3 and kyratango like this.
  6. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

What sort of photography props? Just curious.

7. 86beast

86beast New Member

Well not sure what happened but all my recent replies are gone.

Debra,
    Thanks a lot for the information! What search term did you use because I came up only with a company that made energy parts.

Figtree3,
    Used for children theme photos in orchards selling fruits veggies and new born theme based images.

Anyone else, now that it's not historical to my area are they worth anything?

Thanks again for your help :)

Figtree3 likes this.
  8. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

I used the company name and L.A. address as my search terms and checked results under "All," "Images," and "Books." I found the information under "Books." I also used both Google and Bing as search engines. As all mentions were early 1940s, I can assume the company was in business for only a short time. The mentions only included drug store merchandising, although from what I can tell of their product line, it would have been applicable to other types of retail outlets such as small groceries, dime stores, etc. Yours appears to be a set of Art Deco price signage in good condition and its original box. Someone interested in such things would be hard pressed to find another I would image.

Debora

Draft saved Draft deleted