Featured Hallmark ID KP + Horseman

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by KSW, Nov 14, 2019.

1. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

I’m intrigued by the hallmark so if anyone can help I’d be happy!
    Slightly nondescript pendant with MOP on one side and something red on the other . Yellow flashing through it. About an inch across. My research so far has failed me.
    Hallmark is KP and what looks to me like either a horse and rider or a carousel horse but I have been known to see horses when they aren’t there :hilarious:
    Thankyou :)
    AB2CA6F1-7F13-41AA-B798-606E99E9BA3B.jpeg B07954B2-892B-4462-978A-6B353E96D493.jpeg CC45504F-5A30-4402-9C04-CFC27B638D23.jpeg 7FCB0400-23CA-4A9C-AE8F-F61E9980566E.jpeg

2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

A little drum, that is so sweet.:)
    That's what it looks like to me.
    It reminds me of a 17th-18th century mark for Wolfenbüttel in Germany, but of course it is much too recent for that.

3. ulilwitch

ulilwitch Well-Known Member

It's really pretty. Are there more letters with the horse? Looks like the letter V above the head. I also see a horse. Like Paul Revere on a fast running horse with a bell in hand yelling " The British are coming, the British are coming. I have a very vivid imagination. Ha ha.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  4. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

I see 2 Vs - one on either side of his head, as if coming up from his shoulders.

ulilwitch and KSW like this.
  5. DragonflyWink

DragonflyWink Well-Known Member

6. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

A spear and flag?

ulilwitch and KSW like this.
  7. Bakersgma

Aha! Newer than I thought to look for. Thanks, Cheryl!

8. DragonflyWink

DragonflyWink Well-Known Member

Knew it was Baltic, but just couldn't dig it out of my memory banks - when I see a newish mark that isn't particularly common, I usually start with a look at the International Convention assay office marks: https://theassayoffice.com/international-convention-marks

Collecting Scandinavian silver, I often see the Cyprus fish mark on .830 silver pieces, usually typical Lefkara-style filigree - have stopped telling sellers that their pieces are Cypriot, won't believe me at all if they don't have that mark, and even if present, seldom matters to them anyway...

~Cheryl

9. Bakersgma

Thanks for the suggestion and link.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  10. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

11. ulilwitch

On the outside rim of the front of the piece I also see what looks like the letters AXJ or is it just me?

Christmasjoy and KSW like this.
  12. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

It's just some scratches but well spotted.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  13. ulilwitch

What I am seeing is first photo. Facing the piece it would be on the right side of the bale. Looks to precise to be scratches. (QXJ) Not sure. I enlarged it but can't figure out how to send it back to you. Thanks.

Draft saved Draft deleted