Featured Hallmark on ring 833 (E K) maybe

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Havok, Aug 24, 2018.

1. Havok

Havok New Member

Hi all, this is my first post.
    I am a hallmark junkie... well ever since I was hit by a drunk driver and knew I’d be having surgery did my research begin.
    I thought I would only be off work a month at most but ended up going on two years as surgery complications happened.
    Real quick brief background on me
    I told my surgeon i was not feeling right (12 weeks post op rotator repair and labrum and 10 other diagnosis)(May 2017)

Surgeon continued to tell me I was fine and being a baby or “addicted to pain meds”, I got a 2nd opinion after attempting to go back to work and mentally ahnialated (spelled wrong)...
    Anyways, 2nd surgeon looks at me with the most grave expression and says “three of my muscles were ripped clear in half around the four 4.0mm meta anchors left undiagnosed cultivating an extremely rare bone infection.
    Went to ER for 7 days Sept 2017, had hardware removed and home Nurse seven days a week for 6 weeks leading to most recent surgery in April 2018...

Anyways this I have had a, no, the longest and I cannot figure out what it means.

So I sell on eBay now as means for income as I could never prepare to be off work for 2 years I am completely broke and hoping to ‘Strike Gold’.

As one of my first items purchased for $25 turned out to be an original Riker Brother Brooch which sold for $400 two days later I though it would all be like that.
    Boy was I wrong.

Any help greatly appreciated.
    Thank you for your time.
    I respect and value your time and words.

Attached Files:

2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hi @Havok, and WELCOME to Antiquers!!!! If you go back in to "Edit" your images to click on the very top thumbnail which says "Post all images FULL SIZE, it helps us all see what you've got!!! Thanks so much!!!!:)

kyratango and i need help like this.
  3. AuDragon

AuDragon Well-Known Member

Welcome Havok.

i need help likes this.
  4. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Welcome! I'd have that ring tested, just in case. Some Asian countries use 20k gold, aka .833. It could be gold-plated silver too. Those hallmarks ought to be recognizable. My personal guess would be Portugal if it's silver.

i need help and Figtree3 like this.
  5. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum, Havok.
    I'm sorry to hear that you've been through the wars so much, and are now struggling with medical costs, etc. Sadly it is a story that is familiar to others on the forum as well.

Investing in precious jewellery is a good idea, as long as you spend wisely and bear in mind that some items will only sell after a long period of time.
    As you already found out, you can be very lucky sometimes. But that is only sometimes. So you have to think what you can do with the money you have, and do a lot of research.
    It is good that you've joined us. But because the marks are not very legible, we can't say much in this case. Evelyb's reply was spot on, although I don't see any Portuguese marks (birds). And when it comes to the ca 800 finenesses, Portugal has 835 silver and 800 gold.
    I tweaked your photo a bit to see if the marks become a little more legible.
    upload_2018-8-25_12-5-57.jpeg

It looks like there is a crown just over the first 3, and something to the right of 833.
    upload_2018-8-25_12-14-5.jpeg

kyratango, i need help and Figtree3 like this.
  6. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Welcome, @Havok -- And best wishes to you in your recovery.

i need help likes this.
  7. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

The more I look, the more I wonder if that's not Indian gold instead of gold-plated silver. The Indians make 20k for their own use, but don't generally sell it overseas. Someone could have bought it there and if they did, you've got a real find.

Draft saved Draft deleted