Hand Blown Colorful Art Glass Signed

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by billyd3us, Mar 25, 2018.

1. billyd3us

billyd3us Thanks All my Friends

Picked this up today and was full of newspaper pieces, I guess the seller didn't realiz it was signed, I couldn't see a signature either till I took the paper out.

The signature looks like it reads, SPY but I can't find anything, or maybe the signature is longer but I can't make out the last 4 or so letters or numbers.

Anybody seen this before or knows who signed it ?

Thank You 037.JPG 038.JPG 039.JPG 040.JPG

2. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

Looks like it says SPY ___ 1972. Looks like the bottom of a tumble up to me. Nice piece. May be missing the drinking glass that fit over the top if it’s a tumble up . But would make a nice vase too.

judy likes this.
  3. billyd3us

yeah i know it looks like it says Spy, that's what i posted.

4. billyd3us

Here's a few more pics, the signature is probably split, I almost see Spijlepo or something like that. 042.JPG 044.JPG 045.JPG

5. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Looks like Spyk1958, or even Spÿk1958.
    Spyk is a Dutch name. Also written with the Dutch ÿ, dotted, or as Spijk. Spÿk/Spijk is the name of 6 Dutch villages in different parts of the country.
    It can also be a family name, and there are many people of Dutch origin in the US.

judy likes this.
  6. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Not helpful but I see Splj 6/9? or 619?

7. billyd3us

Okay Thanks for all the info Any Jewelry.

Any Jewelry likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted