Hand blown glass votives

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Donnellm, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Donnellm

Donnellm Member

2. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

Are you sure they are meant to hold votive candles? Look like stemware to drink out to me.

Donnellm likes this.
  3. Donnellm

Donnellm Member

That's what I thought at first too, but the 3 different sizes lead me to think of a votive or tea light holder set. I found them at a Goodwill, so I'm not really sure.

4. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

The stem is called Air Twist. Don't know if that will help you track the maker down.
    I had something similar and if I remember correctly they were from the 1960s Czechoslovia. My wine glasses were crystal bowls and more flared than yours.

Donnellm likes this.
  5. Donnellm

Donnellm Member

Ohhh, thank you! That helps a lot!

clutteredcloset49 likes this.
  6. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Yours may be newer than the 60s.

Donnellm likes this.
  7. George Nesmith

George Nesmith Well-Known Member

Air twist stems call for a skilled worker not likely to spend that work on votives. You might find something on Replacements.

Donnellm likes this.
  8. Donnellm

Donnellm Member

I tried Replacements with a few different search options and no match yet. Still a few more I can try though.

9. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

10. Donnellm

Donnellm Member

Draft saved Draft deleted