Featured Hand colored photograph from Argentina Nutting era.

Discussion in 'Ephemera and Photographs' started by Mill Cove Treasures, May 19, 2016.

1. Mill Cove Treasures

Mill Cove Treasures Well-Known Member

I just thought some of you might be interested in seeing this hand colored photograph from Argentina. I did some research on the label attached to the back. The man that owned the company was a well known photographer in Buenos Aries. I found some of his black and white photographs for sale on line that date back to the 1880's.
    He started printing albums from his own photographs as well as other photographers work, and he did the editing and printing.

This reference was found in a travel guide from 1908 on where to purchase photographs of the sites that you saw on your trip to Buenos Aries.

"Photographs- These may be purchased in many of the bookstores and also at the studio of Enrique C. Moody, who has one of the best assortments in the city."

I have no way of knowing if this is one of his own photographs or another photographer. The hand coloring on this photo is outstanding. In person, it looks like a color photo until you get up close.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Love such hand colored photos! ;)
    ~
    Milt Heger 1955 (2).jpg

3. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

Millsie... gorgeous... you can practically hear the water.

4. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

Is that you? Reminiscent of Children of the Corn!!!! ;)

5. KingofThings

Moi???? :) .................................maybe............... ;)
    ~
    I do LOVE corn muffins halved and slab grilled with butter so.... ;)

Aquitaine likes this.
  6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

so......breakfast is on ??

KingofThings likes this.
  7. KingofThings

Ha!
    I don't presently have any available so.... :(
    I sometimes will stop at Famous Dave's just to get some to take home. :)

komokwa likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted