Featured Hand Painted Dish I’d ?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Brubaker50, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Brubaker50

Brubaker50 Well-Known Member

F3367CD3-E623-43E0-B586-2DD73F5505F0.jpeg 090D5468-2AC7-4DDE-B5FF-0F1D7EF7DCA4.jpeg I have this beautiful hand painted and gilded dish and would like some help possibly identifying it .Its marked underneath with impressed diamond mark and has a pattern number which is z 7350, it’s is heavily gilded and hand painted purple and pink roses any help appreciated.

2. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

When you mention the diamond mark, could it be the English diamond registration mark? If so can you make out the numbers/letters on it?

It would basically looks like a diamond with a glob on one end.

3. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

What a beautiful plate... I love hand-painted pieces like this.

4. Brubaker50

Brubaker50 Well-Known Member

Hello and thank you for looking at the plate , yes its the British Diamond mark which tells me the year month etc but doesnt give me any info on who made it .I love hand made stuff and I had to buy it for £4 after a dealer didnt want it.

5. Mugzinnys

Mugzinnys Well-Known Member

Purple and gold two of my favorite colors, very nice

6. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

If you have an exact registration date it's possible to find companies that registered things on that date.

It may be available online but I have at least a partial list found in J.P. Cushion's book on British Ceramic Marks if you can make out the date marks or post a photo I'd be happy to look.

Draft saved Draft deleted