Handmade pottery bowl and cup signed

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by billyd3us, Oct 23, 2018.

1. billyd3us

billyd3us Thanks All my Friends

1980 and 83 cup and bowl signed CM. Is this a students work or is there anyone with those initials who made pottery in the 80's ?

Thank You

Billy D. 001.JPG 002.JPG 003.JPG 004.JPG

judy likes this.
  2. msgood2shoe

msgood2shoe Well-Known Member

I would call it hobbyist work, though you could call it student as well. I took ceramic "classes" during that time frame. It was a popular hobby/social thing to do. You'd go to a shop that sold "greenware" and finish it with the help of the shop owner who would guide you through the steps in a group setting. Because there were a number of people taking classes, you carved your initials in the bottoms so you could tell yours from other students. Most people also put the date/year on the bottom.

*crs*, dgbjwc, judy and 2 others like this.
  3. billyd3us

billyd3us Thanks All my Friends

Great, good to know. Thank You

judy and Christmasjoy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted