Featured Happy Sunday Everyone! Can You Please Help Me With a Stone? TY!

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by ezeepass, Sep 6, 2020.

1. ezeepass

ezeepass Well-Known Member

Hello Everyone, I hope you are all doing well! I have this snuff bottle and don’t know how old it is and if the is jade, coral or something else. It looks like it had a marking at one time on the bottom that is hardly there now. The metal is brass and the tip around the mouth is copper. I sincerely appreciate all your responses so thank you and have a wonderful and safe day!
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzgreennnzZZ  (6).JPG zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzgreennnzZZ  (2).JPG zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzgreennnzZZ  (1).JPG zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzgreennnzZZ  (4).JPG zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzgreennnzZZ  (5).JPG zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzgreennnzZZ  (7).JPG zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzgreennnzZZ  (8).JPG

Rec, Any Jewelry, KSW and 1 other person like this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

It's very cute !!!!!

ezeepass likes this.
  3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

coral.........???

Bronwen and ezeepass like this.
  4. ezeepass

It looks like coral

5. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

Looks like "red dragon agate",heat quenched and dyed chalcedony.

6. ezeepass

I just looked it up and it does look more like it. Thank you

KSW and komokwa like this.
  7. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Looks like a little bottle of lava!. Pretty :)

ezeepass likes this.
  8. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I've always called it "random dyed rock"; now I have a name for it. I'm guessing the metal is nickel or a low grade silver. That particular rock generally isn't set into anything precious. Then again, this has Chinese (I think) marks on the bottom, and the Chinese working for the Chinese market are apt to use anything and everything. So...I'd check just to make sure.

ezeepass, Any Jewelry and kyratango like this.
  9. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

It is cute, but fairly recent.
    'Red dragon agate' as Holly said. There is a slight possibility the cab in the stopper is coral. The fact that the stopper has an overlap compared to the top of the bottle and doesn't sit straight is a sign of either a marriage or mass production.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
    Rec and ezeepass like this.
  10. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Having never heard of dragon skin agate before, I would have gone with ezeepass on this & said coral. I'm still not sure it's not apple/sponge coral, but am wondering whether dragaon skin agate might not be fossilized coral, like Petsoskey stone.

ezeepass likes this.
  11. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Maybe it helps to know that many Chinese sellers list these for a few dollars. It is a sweet bottle with appealing symbols, but the materials used are budget.

Rec, ezeepass and Bronwen like this.
  12. ezeepass

Thank you Evelyb!!!

13. ezeepass

Thank you Any Jewelry!!!

Any Jewelry likes this.
  14. ezeepass

Thank you Any Jewelry!!!

Any Jewelry likes this.