Featured HAS ANYONE HEARD OF ARTIST 'PICHON' WHO PAINTS ON 2x4 WOOD?

Discussion in 'Art' started by journeymagazine, Feb 3, 2021.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I found this at a friend's 2nd hand store. When I looked up the artist Pichon, I found a artist with the same name + he had paintings on wood, but that art & this art do not look the same + I couldn't see his signature - does mine look like it's from this artist & if not does anyone know who it was?

https://www.enviedart.com/artiste/260/nicolas-pichon

Thank you!

ART PAINTING PICHON ON WOOD BOARD 1AA.JPG
    ART PAINTING PICHON ON WOOD BOARD 2AA.JPG
    ART PAINTING PICHON ON WOOD BOARD 1AA.JPG ART PAINTING PICHON ON WOOD BOARD 2AA.JPG
    ART PAINTING PICHON ON WOOD BOARD 2AAA.JPG ART PAINTING PICHON ON WOOD BOARD 3AA.JPG

2. reader

reader Well-Known Member

Did you look up Nicolas Pichon’s sig? When you specifically want the signature you need to google that.
    EFA243B4-0572-4A76-A259-19805675FC77.jpeg

Really odd that the sig doesn’t duplicate the N but it’s off a dealer’s page with multiple works by him.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
    i need help likes this.
  3. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I'm sorry - doesn't duplicate the N; do you think it's him?
    Thanks

i need help likes this.
  4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

No. But someone who works in a similar medium and format.

Debora

i need help likes this.
  5. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

I don't know this artist, but looking online, Nicolas Pichon has worked in this format though his works seem much denser.
    [​IMG]

It's possible this is an early work. I think it's reminiscent of a '50s-'60s French artist named Bernard Buffet, but whether he made any impression on Pichon (who is French) is unknown to me. There seems to be an influence of Roy Lichtenstein in his current works. If that's true, it means he does delve around in that period. If that's true.

I tried to find online of there was a particular gallery representing Nicolas Pichon, but didn't find one.

You might contact Singulart to see if they have an opinion or can re-direct you. (Another site with which I am unfamiliar - just found it online)
    https://www.singulart.com/en/artist/nicolas-pichon-6969?campaign_id=202&keyword=nicolas pichon&matchtype=e&gclid=CjwKCAiAsOmABhAwEiwAEBR0ZjrdeVQPlBUT8vsNGU6Tf_7QMDMNbvoS8dW5cOzwGZ9CmaY2cViYLxoCfUkQAvD_BwE

6. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

7. anundverkaufen

anundverkaufen Bird Feeder

i need help, aaroncab and reader like this.
  8. reader

reader Well-Known Member

i need help and aaroncab like this.
  9. reader

reader Well-Known Member

It’s Definitely not him. I was trying to show you that the sig wasn’t even close and there is no similarity between the two artists.

anundverkaufen and i need help like this.
  10. reader

reader Well-Known Member

I kinda like this French artist-derivative but fun. More Rosenquist than Lichtenstein but definitely influenced by the pops.

i need help likes this.
  11. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

So it seems his real name is " julio r Gonzales consuegra" but when he signs his work he goes by "pichon"

12. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

i need help likes this.
  13. reader

reader Well-Known Member

I agree although the term is so overused that I can see someone using the label here but his style to me is more primitive by choice.

i need help likes this.
  14. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Journey can reach out to both, maybe and let us know. :artist:

15. reader

reader Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
    i need help likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted