Have no clue. Remember it being in my grandmothers home. Anyone help with what it is?

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Albert D Guillen, Mar 25, 2017.

?

Is this antique/vintage

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

100.0%
  1. Albert D Guillen

Albert D Guillen New Member

1490477543869-1960980214.jpg Fo 1490477573335-569411151.jpg und 1490477634701-1850270439.jpg this piece in a thrift store in northern Denver. Can someone please help me with what type of furniture it is, maybe a ballpark figure in value?? Thanks !!! View attachment 66747

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
  2. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

No offense,but your pic is terrible! BUT,from what I can see,it looks like 1960s faux mediterranean /spanish . If its a cabinet,youd be lucky to get $50 for it here in N. Fl. Bear in mind this opinion is based on a not so great pic. :)

Albert D Guillen likes this.
  3. Albert D Guillen

Thanks for the reply and help! I'm using a better camera for some new pics and they'll be posted within the hour.

4. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I'm seeing about the same thing, except in my neck of the woods the local ReStore can't give that style away.

5. afantiques

afantiques Well-Known Member

14904720311801609195374.jpg

I tried a bit of editing but it was not much help. Too much backlighting.

6. terry5732

terry5732 Well-Known Member

Had a pair at the curb for free for two weeks with no takers

7. Albert D Guillen

Thanks for the edit ! I just uploaded some way better pics too.

8. Albert D Guillen

I just got some better pics up, thanks for actually being helpful and providing more than just your own personal opinion. Its heavy, cabinet storage yes, and I paid 12 for it at half off. I'm not thinking its worth millions , but definitely not worthless.

9. afantiques

afantiques Well-Known Member

Can't really get any idea of the size of it.

10. Albert D Guillen

It's 16' w , 26' l , 21' tall.

Figtree3 likes this.
  11. terry5732

terry5732 Well-Known Member

Usually in pairs. For putting your lamp on, on either side of the sofa.

12. Albert D Guillen

My girlfriend and I are just out of college with a new baby girl... Were trying so hard to learn about different furniture , we thrift a lot and I do remember my grandmother having similar decor so really its sentimental on this drawer, side table? Its in great shape and very solid so were happy with that . thanks !!

komokwa and yourturntoloveit like this.
  13. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

If you like it and you're happy with the purchase, that's really all that matters. Congrats on the family.

14. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

It heartens me to see more young people enjoying old things! I was beginning to despair. Ask away on anything you'd like,the folks on here love to share.Congrats on the new baby. :)

judy, komokwa and Dukewright like this.
  15. Dukewright

Dukewright Member

I was beginning to think it would take a generation of people tossing antique funiture before the appeal returned to the masses...then again we could try being like China and start selling our old furniture overseas until it becomes rarer than hens teeth and wildly in demand.:banghead::banghead::banghead:

judy, komokwa and johnnycb09 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted