Haviland Limoge Question

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by sassafras, Oct 11, 2020.

1. sassafras

sassafras Well-Known Member

Is anyone aware of a searchable database of the Schleiger patterns?

judy likes this.
  2. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Have you tried replacements dot com?

sassafras likes this.
  3. sassafras

Yep. No luck.

It's a hand painted demitasse set. I'll probably have to email the Haviland Collector's site, but was going to try to do a little more searching before doing that.

judy likes this.
  4. sassafras

Here's a couple of pics, just in case anyone wants to give it a go too.

I've got 8 cups & saucers and a pedestal base. Each of the cups has a bird on either side and the saucers have two as well. All of the birds are different. Think the set is from 1876-1889.

Limoge Birds 4.jpg Limoge Birds 3.jpg Limoge Birds 15.jpg

quirkygirl, judy, Sandra and 2 others like this.
  5. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

WOW! Lovely!!!!!

Sandra and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  6. sassafras

Thank you! While in quarantine I started doing a household inventory with pics and descriptions. Thought it would be helpful for insurance purposes or for my for family if something unexpected were to happen. Here we are months later and I haven't even finished one room. :banghead:

judy likes this.
  7. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Beautiful, and again, your photos are fantastic!

Love the way you arranged the set.

sassafras likes this.
  8. sassafras

Thanks! It's the second best use I've found for a cupcake stand. ;)

bercrystal and judy like this.
  9. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

Your collection is gorgeous!!! However, you show 9 cups & saucers not 8. ;)

sassafras and judy like this.
  10. sassafras

And I left the "s" off Limoges. I'm losing it, folks!

Just sent off an email to the Collector's Society. Hopefully they'll be able to provide a little info on the set.

bercrystal and judy like this.
  11. Rec

Rec Well-Known Member

First of all, it is a beautiful set with a beautiful hand painted decoration.

perhaps known to you
    Haviland pieces usually have two marks; the Manufacturers mark and the Decorator mark. If there is only one mark like yours, the item was decorated elsewhere, either sold as whiteware and painted by the owner, or by a hand painting artist / studio such as Stouffer or Pickard or Bernardaud. There are approximately 60,000 Haviland china patterns and many are not named. so, its very difficult to find the name of this pattern. Good luck

sassafras and judy like this.
  12. sassafras

Thanks, Rec!

I haven't heard back from the Haviland Collector's yet. Their website crashed in August and they lost everyone's pattern ID requests. I'm sure they're playing catch up after all the resubmissions. It may be a while before I hear back from them. They're on FB too, but it doesn't seem to be very active.

Have a feeling that I've spent a lot of time on these and there's no more info to be had. And that's OK. At least they're pretty. :)

bercrystal, Rec and judy like this.
  13. Rec

Rec Well-Known Member

yes they're!

sassafras likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted