Heavy Clear Pressed Glass Beehive Pitcher

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by kaudet, Dec 8, 2018.

1. kaudet

kaudet Well-Known Member

Hi Everyone,

Am hoping someone can solve the mystery of the maker of this Heavy Clear Pressed Glass Beehive Shaped Pitcher. Several are listed now but no one seems to know the maker. It has horizontal rings or ribs and a polished circle on the bottom (is that a pontil mark?). It stands 8" tall and holds 46 ounces (1-1/2 quarts). I found an ad that shows a matching large platter that measures 11-3/4" and a bowl that measures 10-3/4" wide and stands 4" tall. I also found a photo with this same pitcher with multicolored iridescent bands. So far my guesses have been the Continental Can Division of Hazel Atlas, Dunbar, or West Va Glass Company. Don't know if any of these are correct.

Any help is much appreciated. TIA
    Kathy

Christmasjoy likes this.
  2. kaudet

kaudet Well-Known Member

3. kaudet

kaudet Well-Known Member

federal glass Flat Tumbler FEG84 rings beehive ripples.jpg
    Here's a photo I had saved of a tumbler. Federal Glass Flat Tumbler FEG84 Rings Beehive Ripples

4. kaudet

kaudet Well-Known Member

5. kaudet

kaudet Well-Known Member

anchor hocking cameron cobalt blue tumbler horizontal band ripples.jpg Here's a photo Anchor Hocking Cameron Cobalt Blue Tumbler horizontal band ripples. Searching wildly!!

judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted