Heavy sterling pin/earring set. Sort of modernist. Stamped Mexico 925

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Lucille.b, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Thinking there is no hope to match these to any kind of maker... Just stamped Mexico/925. Reasonably heavy set, not flimsy at all. Brooch (1.25") can be a worn as a pin or pendant, didn't know if that combination dated it at all. I suppose the fact that the earrings are clips might be 80s or older, but not necessarily. Only the clip earrings are stamped Mexico 925, pin just 925, but clearly a set. Just looking for general thoughts or keywords as I plan to list. Thanks!

mex1.jpg mex5.jpg mex4.jpg

Any Jewelry likes this.
  2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Modernist?
    Or dropveter (Dutch liquorice treat):):
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
  3. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Not necessarily.
    There are a couple wholesalers who bring jewelry from Mexico to the shows I go to.
    Clips are still available to be purchased. Especially with those larger heavier earrings.
    They could be any time in the last few years.

i need help and Lucille.b like this.
  4. Lucille.b

True about the clips. These were purchased at a retirement home sale, I'm guessing vintage at least, but you never know when someone received a more recent gift.

I like that the backs of all 3 are not perfectly round, have kind of a nice shape.

Yes, could call them Dropveter dropjes pattern!

Thanks!

i need help and Any Jewelry like this.
  5. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Or staring spiral. The set isn't horribly old, but it might be 20 years old or so.

i need help and Lucille.b like this.
  6. Lucille.b

Thanks. Found another set just now on Picclick (so frustrating though- link goes to a page with no matches.)

Title was: "Vintage Taxco Mexico Sterling Modernist Swirl Spiral Pendant/Pin and Earrings"

This set has the same pendant/pin combo but seems to have screw backs. Here is the photo they posted. Definitely a close match except for the screw backs.

Vintage-Taxco-Mexico-Sterling-Modernist-Swirl-Spiral-Pendant-Pin.jpg

Any Jewelry, komokwa and i need help like this.
  7. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

8. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Ta...295888?hash=item340e8b1750:g:LZEAAOSwIK9dJiB3

I think this is the same ad, but on EBay.

Here’s the PickClick
    https://picclick.com/Vintage-Taxco-...st-Swirl-Spiral-Pendant-Pin-223582295888.html

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
    Any Jewelry and Lucille.b like this.
  9. Lucille.b

Awesome, INH. Well done!

i need help likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted