Hello! And, Thank You for Being Here!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Patience Van Zandt, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Patience Van Zandt

Patience Van Zandt New Member

Hello!

I have just joined your forum, and have high hopes that I will soon know a great deal more about the antiques that pass through my hands than I do presently.

I am a reseller of estate, storage, yard sale, thrift store, and personal items. I live in a rural community, in far northern California. Folks here, for the most part, do not have much use for antiques, that do not also serve a useful purpose. This has clearly not always been the case; the younger generation seems to be in the process of divesting themselves of the useless, or nearly useless, treasures of their departed elders.

What this means to me is the opportunity to pick up things like silver plate, antique cookware, old doll collections, fine china, and my personal favorite, brass and copper items of many kinds, at, what seem to me to be, amazing prices. But...

Because I do not know much about antiques, I have made a blunder or two. I want very much to increase my expertise, both to avoid the sick feeling that comes on the heels of an ill advised purchase, and also to increase my understanding and appreciation of the truly fine items that I do happen upon, from time to time.

I have been doing this only a little longer than three years. Because I am a self identified sociophobe, I do not interact much with my fellows, locally. But, so often I have questions, or would like to have my conclusions reviewed and confirmed, or not. I hope that I in the right place for these things?

I have read some threads already, and, for the most part, I like the way you seem to interact with one another. I saw a little bit of unkindness, but not nearly so rough as some sites! People can be so wonderful! But, they can be so awful, too. I hope to live my life among the former sort.

Thank you for allowing me to participate!

Patience

judy likes this.
  2. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

Hello, Patience, and welcome.

3. all_fakes

all_fakes Well-Known Member

4. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Hi Patience............

Welcome to Antiquers...............:cat:

5. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

Welcome Patience.

6. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Greetings, Patience!

7. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

I do not interact much with my fellows.............

As long as u interact well with a camera.....you'll get along just fine here !!!

:playful::playful::playful::playful::playful::playful:------:snaphappy::snaphappy::snaphappy::snaphappy::snaphappy::snaphappy:---;)

welcome..

8. popsycat

popsycat Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted