Featured Hello everyone! Quick down n dirty question x x HAPPY BOU!!

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by BoudiccaJones, May 12, 2018.

1. BoudiccaJones

BoudiccaJones Well-Known Member

Just back from booty and bought this for 50p...I LOVE it. I didn't know you could even get Trifari in the UK, I am very ignorant but love finding out stuff ( that I should have already known) . In fact, I only knew Trifari existed from reading the old forums x xx

I googled the patent number and it says it was patented in 1941. The info I found said it was Crown Trifari, is this correct or not? ( Patent # is 129319 in case anyone wanted to know) x

My question is, could I fix it myself? It needs all the smaller stones replacing, the bigger ones are foiled and stull nice and bright.
    I mean I'd have to take the old stones out and find new ones, obviously, is it that simple? How would I find ones the same size? I have dyspraxia and cannot measure for toffee :eek:
    It's enormous! About 4 inches (10 cms)...I didn't know what it was until I got it home. I know it's not the crown jewels but I am so happy with it...tried to explain to daughter and husband and they just nod and smile most of the time I get 'cited about something.

Sorry this ended up so long, I just wondered how difficult it would be for me to replace them and I got bit over 'cited :eek: :O x x
    Here she is, quick down n dirty pic!

[​IMG]

2. BoudiccaJones

She is actually structrally good, but loads of small stones are gone and the ones that are there are yellow

HAPPY BOU! Doesn't take much to make me happy!!

Christmasjoy, judy and Any Jewelry like this.
  3. BoudiccaJones

To hell with it, I am just so cited anyway, just been to a booty and spent £5.50
    and I got all THIS!
    [​IMG]

4. BoudiccaJones

Wonder if this is a wedding dress?

[​IMG]

Christmasjoy and Any Jewelry like this.
  5. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

You did very well again, Boudicca.
    Just come here, we'll get excited with you.:) The brooch(?) is gorgeous. Can we see the back and the mark too?
    Or a debutante's dress, maybe.

6. pewter2

pewter2 Well-Known Member

I buy when possible, any damaged costume jewellery for spare parts..ie coloured ( we spell it that way ) and clear stones for restoring items such as yours, and use jewellery glue to replace stones..test foiled stones first to ensure glue wont remove foil backing on stones..wish you luck....regards...pewter2

7. Any Jewelry

Boudicca does too, she is in Britain.:)

8. pewter2

pewter2 Well-Known Member

Hello and greetings AJ .. I realise now, but i usually comment on our different ways of spelling just so no one thinks i am uneducated or a bad speller....I also refuse to use Z instead of S ,,,see above "realise" and I refuse to use spellcheck, but overall I think most members know there are several ways to spell....ain't English confusing .....regards...pewter2

9. Any Jewelry

When did that change anyway? I remember you were allowed to use either at some point, now it is almost all z. Very confusing for 'furriners' like myself. And they say Dutch is difficult....

Christmasjoy, judy and BoudiccaJones like this.
  10. BoudiccaJones

11. BoudiccaJones

I cannot get good pics! Quelle surprise :D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 12, 2018
    Christmasjoy and judy like this.
  12. BoudiccaJones

I do have a tonne of broken jewellery here but don't think I have anything the right size. I am leaving the folied stones,they are in great condiiton. The smaller ones don't look so yellow now I have it out of the sunshine xx

Christmasjoy and judy like this.
  13. BoudiccaJones

Ohh off to google! I love the dress, it's a bit yellow in places and not sure if it's supposed to be ivory or white...so happy with my stuffs!

14. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Those tins are great: madeleines and langues du chat, very nice. Wedding dress, might be as early as the 1960s, show me the seams please.

Crown Trifari refers to the pieces which have a crown on the maker's mark. I have a fair bit of Trifari: car boots, yes, but it was also sold in John Lewis.

Lucille.b, Christmasjoy, judy and 2 others like this.
  15. BoudiccaJones

Thank you beautiful Mrs.B! I wondered what the tins were for! I'll get a pic of the seams ... love those tins but they need a dam good clean!

16. BoudiccaJones

Do you think the petti's are for the wedding dress Mrs. B? Or is it a smooth silhouette?
    And how would I wash it? AND AND AND is it a wedding dress do you think? It's a bit ivory, do you think it's supposed to be ivory, or white? x x
    Got pinked seams

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Christmasjoy and pearlsnblume like this.
  17. BoudiccaJones

[​IMG]

My baby Luna likes my new dress :D :D

18. BoudiccaJones

Miss Elegance herself, just like her Muvva
    [​IMG]

19. BoudiccaJones

I think I sounded a bit ungracious, sorry, was so cited :D
    I am off to a booty tomorrow, I'll have a look for something I can take the stones out of...I would not have thought of that myself so that's a great idea xxx
    Thank you x x

20. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Definitely 1960s and home made. I think you'd have to have it dry cleaned, to be honest. The net petticoat might go, but not the embroidered one, which looks Victorian or Ewardian.

Christmasjoy, judy and BoudiccaJones like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted