Hello everyone xx What sort of print is this? xx

Discussion in 'Art' started by BoudiccaJones, Nov 25, 2018.

1. BoudiccaJones

BoudiccaJones Well-Known Member

Hello everyone...this was 50p so I thought I'd buy it to further my (very very poor) ( ie non existent ) education xx

(Tewkesbury Abbey isn't that far from me either,and I used to love a book called Schoolgirl Jen at the Abbey and this reminds me of it!)

I can't work out what sort of print it is...I thought the signiture would be easy to google but can't find anything except an anarchist with the same name (think it's the same name anyway, even though it's clear enough I still am not 100% sure if it's Albert Meltzer, or Albert Metzler, or even what it is for sure)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Thanks everyone xxxx​

judy and Any Jewelry like this.
  2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I rather like the idea of an anarchist making a print of an abbey. Like a guilty pleasure.:D
    But no, I don't think it is the same person. They may know more about it in the abbey shop.

My father was a self-confessed anarchist, and he liked to visit old abbeys. He probably visited Tewkesbury as well, on his many travels through Britain.
    I think by anarchist he just meant he disliked authority.

3. BoudiccaJones

Me too, I have an anarchistic streak , a mile wide! I HATE being told what to do by anyone ... and I <3 the Sex Pistols :D

Many thanks AJ <3 x x x x

judy, kyratango and Any Jewelry like this.
  4. BoudiccaJones

I also meant to say ( and thought I had! ) that I didn't think it was the anarchist either, but I hadn't even heard of him before this so that has already made it worth my 50p xxx

judy, kyratango and Any Jewelry like this.
  5. Any Jewelry

:hilarious:

I don't dislike authority, as long as they shut up and mind their own business.:D

6. BoudiccaJones

hahah same,but they tend to have a tendency to do the exact opposite! :D

7. BoudiccaJones

Tend to have a tendency,well who knew that could happen! ;)

8. Any Jewelry

I tend to keep my tendencies behind closed doors.:wideyed::cool:

KikoBlueEyes, judy and BoudiccaJones like this.
  9. Jivvy

Jivvy the research is my favorite

I found an Albert Thomas Metzler (b. 1913, d. 1993) in Lancashire, but the most I can tell you (from a superficial review of records) is that he was married twice and his father was a "pork butcher."

I'm just here to help. :p

10. BoudiccaJones

That's really quite something as I could find nothing! At all! Thanks, Jivvy xxx

Any Jewelry likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted