Featured Hello glassies!!! Need a little help IDing this yellow compote with gold etched rim, please.

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by *crs*, Jul 31, 2017.

1. *crs*

*crs* Hippy Dippy Antiquer

Y'all know that I've done a bit of research before coming here :) I've searched using google images & I've been on chataboutdg. I thought possibly Cambridge but no luck. No luck finding the etch either on chataboutdg. It's possible I overlooked it but a lot of their etches are not shown with a close up. Approximately 7" diameter x 4 1/8" tall. Pale yellow with gold etch rim. TIA[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. toomanytocount

toomanytocount Boredom is a sin.

Seems to be that yellow Tango style era 1915-1930, Europe mostly, Czechoslovakia mostly. That band of decorative gold border is also seen on Czech glass such as Moser and Harrach:), what is rare is the combination of the 2 together, like a marriage. Sorry I can't be of more help.

aaroncab likes this.
  3. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

4. *crs*

Thanks Don and toomanytocount. I'll see what else I can find on McKee
    The border is a very close match.

I'm not receiving notifications again. :(

judy likes this.
  5. FunkeysFinds

FunkeysFinds Well-Known Member

Good morning --

I am thinking it is Westmoreland. I am looking in my book and there several very similar examples with this type of body and gold rim. 'Notice the characteristic sharp bend where bowl joins the extended ankle'.' If so, it is 22 Karat. (also from the book).

In the book, they also show an example that Cambridge used 'that could be confused with this', but the Cambridge flower (border) is flatter, broader and more prominent.

Hope that helps.

*crs* likes this.
  6. *crs*

Thank you FunkeyFinds. I research Westmoreland also.

7. George Nesmith

George Nesmith Well-Known Member

The 4 fruits border etch may be a decorating company such as Wheeling, Lotus etc. I do not think AWCO's Charleton line which was much more than the roses.

judy and *crs* like this.
  8. fenton

fenton Well-Known Member

It's American made.

judy and *crs* like this.
  9. *crs*

Thanks George

I figured as much Fenton, thanks

judy likes this.
  10. *crs*

Not having much luck in finding this as Westmoreland or McKee. I have a Westmoreland book by Chas West Wilson but didn't see anything like it in the book. I'll keep looking. I'm thinking it is c1920's, correct?

judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted