Hello! Nice to meet you :)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by adventurevintage, Sep 14, 2021.

1. adventurevintage

adventurevintage New Member

Hello,

My name is Molly and I am new to the forum. I happened upon you all in a search for information about an item I had acquired through an estate sale. I was actually looking for info on a pair of bookends and took a detour when a picture of this item (I didn't even know what to call it!) showed up in my search. I have been poking around since then, and am enjoying learning from everyone and seeing the things people need help identifying. I am new to the antique "scene" and am sadly not very knowledgeable. But I love to research and am learning quickly. I would appreciate any resources you might have that could teach me the basics about vintage/antique items in general (I know that is pretty broad...) My daughter and I launched an instagram venture this week that is geared more toward the "younger" set called @adventurevintage.co and I enjoy selling items I pick up at estate auctions on ebay (but sometimes the going is slow because I have to research specifics on items before I list). Looking forward to getting to know you all!

judy likes this.
  2. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Greetings! I started out messing with stuff my dad and grandparents left behind and went downhill from there. It's addictive - fair warning.

judy and Boland like this.
  3. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Welcome, Molly!

judy likes this.
  4. all_fakes

all_fakes Well-Known Member

5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

welcome

judy likes this.
  6. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Welcome to the Forum, Molly!

Id suggest you keep reading here in order to learn. You might also browse the reference sites pinned at the top of most Forums.
    Have Fun learning! :)

judy, Any Jewelry and Boland like this.
  7. Potteryplease

Potteryplease Well-Known Member

Welcome!

You can also learn a ton from searching terms / names within the various forums here (the icon is at the top right of the banner).

judy and Boland like this.
  8. mmarco102

mmarco102 Well-Known Member

Greetings

judy likes this.
  9. Boland

Boland Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome

judy likes this.
  10. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Welcome, Molly.

judy likes this.
  11. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Hi Molly!

Welcome to Antiquers.............:cat:

12. Lark

Lark Well-Known Member

I spend a lot of time researching an item because I usually pick up information about many other items in my search. The old antique price guides are very cheap these days. My mom who was very knowledgeable about antiques , learned much from looking at the pictures so she would recognize items but mostly from reading the articles. They are not as good on the vintage items. Welcome to the addiction.

Draft saved Draft deleted