Hello

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Ereto, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Ereto

Ereto New Member

Hello, I signed in because I just found this sewing machine in my mother's attic and she told me that is machine is dated back around 1900 to 1920??? My great grandmother was a dressmaker and passed this to my mother as a gift. It is a GRITZNER S Selecta high arm tailoring machine and I am interested to sell it, does anyone know how much this machine could be sold for?

2. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

Wow, I'd love to see it, please upload some pictures of it here!

3. antidiem

Can take them with your cell phone, send them to yourself resized as "medium" and they should be small enough to post here.

4. antidiem

Welcome, Ereto! :cat:

5. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

6. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Greetings, Ereto!

We don't normally do values since there are so many variables involved. Your best best is to search your local sales sites (both online and brick and mortar) to see if you can find relatively recent sales of machines with similar functionality and age. These things weigh a ton (not literally, of course) but that means shipping will probably cost more than it's worth to a potential buyer who is not in your immediate area.

Good luck!

komokwa likes this.
  7. Ereto

Ereto New Member

Thank you very much!! I will post them soon

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
    antidiem likes this.
  8. Ereto

Ereto New Member

9. Ereto

Ereto New Member

I am from Greece and didn't find any local antiqueries in my town I will try again, thank you

10. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

I see. I don't know who else on Antiquers is familiar enough with Greece to know of any possible sites for an individual (not a business) to use to offer items for sale. Here in the US there are sites like Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace who all people to post ads at no charge.

antidiem likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted