Hello

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Smerc59, Jun 21, 2021.

1. Smerc59

Smerc59 Member

Hi new to the forum, have lots of antiques from parents home. Dad passed in 2020 and mom in memory unit. Need all the help I can get. Thank you in advance.

Pattywithay and Ce BCA like this.
  2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hi and WELCOME, @Smerc59! SO sorry about your father, and your Mom's situation. I know from experience it's tough to be going through that. You should be getting good help here, so I see you just started posting!! Best of luck with it all!!

3. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

4. Ce BCA

Ce BCA Well-Known Member

5. Smerc59

Smerc59 Member

Thank you!!

6. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

7. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

welcome aboard.

8. all_fakes

all_fakes Well-Known Member

9. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

sorry about your folks.......

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzPOSTINGphotos.jpeg

10. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

11. Lark

Lark Well-Known Member

welcome. I am in the same boat with dad passing away in 2017 and mom in memory care unit. I know the feeling . Why didn't I ask about this ? Lots of help here .

12. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Greetings, Smerc59!

13. Firemandk

Firemandk Well-Known Member

Hi @Smerc59

Welcome! We are both in similar situations, Dad at 85 in declining health at home, mom at 85 with Lewy Body Disease in a convalescent hospital .....

With dad's permission I already did away with most of mom's books she would buy and never finish and cleaned up a lot of clutter . Still so much stuff to deal with when the time comes. Dad's stuff too .... even if I had a mansion, I would not want it all.... they are definitly products of the depression . I am bad enough with my "stuff" . Sure wish the flea market here would come back, but COVID may have done it in forever at it's great long time location. It can sure be overwhelming do deal with and think about dealing with......

Draft saved Draft deleted