Featured Helo With Marks On Cool Pottery Vase

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by kardinalisimo, Jul 25, 2017.

1. kardinalisimo

kardinalisimo Well-Known Member

IMG_8568.JPG IMG_8569.JPG IMG_8570.JPG IMG_8571.JPG Anybody recognizes the maker?
    Thanks

2. kardinalisimo

IMG_8587.JPG IMG_8588.JPG I am a bit lost. Does the marking at least hints about the country of origin?

Ghopper1924 and lauragarnet like this.
  3. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Going solely on the way the number 1 has a larger than usual / part in the front, I'd guess European, but that's not always conclusive.

Ghopper1924, lauragarnet and judy like this.
  4. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

I agree with European. I don't recognize the mark but suspect it is older as there is no country of origin included.

5. Ghopper1924

Ghopper1924 Well-Known Member

Looks like mid-century.

judy likes this.
  6. kardinalisimo

It does appear to have some age. Those letters and numbers are not much of a help in the search.
    Any keywords for the shape of the rim?

7. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

To me it looks "pinched".
    Don

8. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

The rim reminds me of a particular flower.............and of course I can not remember WHICH flower................some sort of orchid, I think...................

lauragarnet, Ghopper1924 and judy like this.
  9. lauragarnet

lauragarnet Well-Known Member

Trefoil or tricorn...?

Ghopper1924 likes this.
  10. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Not studio, but a production piece and I think possibly Belgian. I'm inclined to between the wars.

lauragarnet likes this.
  11. lauragarnet

lauragarnet Well-Known Member

Did the word rattle out of your brain yet? How about generic flora form rim?

Draft saved Draft deleted