Help! Any Oil Lamp Experts?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by mctreasures, Jan 23, 2022.

1. mctreasures

mctreasures Member

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help with this oil lamp. I'm curious how old is it or if there is any value. Very thick glass and has sort of a greenish tint if the light hits it just right. Measures 18 inches tall with the shade and about 6 inches across. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

judy likes this.
  2. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

3. mctreasures

mctreasures Member

judy likes this.
  4. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

20-30 years would be modern reproduction to me. these have been at retail and flea markets for years, and as the links provided indicate they are still available new.

judy, Figtree3 and komokwa like this.
  5. Pat Dennis

Pat Dennis Active Member

If the lamp is antique, the pattern is EAPG Princess Feather, aka Rochelle. One of the most popular EAPG patterns was originally made by Bakewell, Pears Co, C.1870s. This pattern was also made by several companies in the Late Victorian Era and has been reproduced since. It was made as tableware, oil lamps, celery vases, etc., and produced in many colors and sizes. Westmoreland even made its version until the 1940s. IMHO, it is original with the age of the burner and collar showing patina and appears to have an applied glass wafer combining the font and base.
    https://www.realorrepro.com/article/Kerosene-Glass-Lamps
    Do a search for "princess feather oil lamp" and you will be amazed and enlightened.

mctreasures, judy and Figtree3 like this.
  6. Iowa Jayhawk

Iowa Jayhawk Well-Known Member

Assuming the burner is original, and it is unlikely that someone would change out the collar, I agree with the previous post. Lots of variations. Values vary all over the map. I have sold several in the past, and am sure I never paid more than $10.00 for one. I believe in buying cheap.

Figtree3 and komokwa like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted