Help determine value of wardrobe

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Erin Mansfield, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Erin Mansfield

Erin Mansfield New Member

Hey guys, this is my first post here and I apologize beforehand as I don't know anything about antiques. This was my parent's before me and I am sadly having to part with it. It is absolutely massive at 83" tall and 53" wide and solid wood planks all around, none of that flimsy mdf or whatever is used for everything now. I can't quite tell if it would be considered a wardrobe or an armoire. I would like to try and determine a fair value on it. I can't find any company name to it, so it's either worn off or it was privately made I would think.

Wardrobe..jpg Wardrobe 2..jpg

2. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

I would call it a wardrobe. Oak circa 1900, factory made, and rather plain compared to many. This might work it its favor as ornate Victorian furniture is out of fashion. That said, wardrobes of any type are not much in demand. Value is highly dependent on where and how selling. Here in my Midwest US neck of the woods, this would be under $250.00 at retail. Might even need to be under $200. You might do better (or worse) depending on where you are and how selling.

3. Erin Mansfield

Erin Mansfield New Member

@verybrad thank you very much, this is quite helpful and about what I was thinking in regards to a price. Thank you!

Ghopper1924 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted