Featured Help for a newbie please, to identify Paragon tea set.

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by JennySmurf, May 27, 2021.

1. JennySmurf

JennySmurf New Member

Hi, this was my first "antique" that I ever bought about 30 years ago. I bought it from an old lady who said that she had been given it as a wedding gift. I have 4 cups, 5 saucers, sugar bowl and the teapot and have spent the last 30 years trying to identify the pattern to possibly find the matching milk jug and possibly extra cups etc. However, despite trying books, antique fairs, Car boot sales and many many long hours on the internet, I have never actually found a single item to match. I know from the back stamp that it would be from about 1931 - 1933 but that's all I can find. I would be thrilled if anybody knew any further information about it.
    Thanks in advance. IMG_5602.JPG IMG_5603.JPG IMG_5604.JPG IMG_5605.JPG

2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Handcrafted, pattern....wonder if you’ll ever know! Pretty pattern though, and we do have some geniuses here, so, hope springs eternal!!!:happy:

pearlsnblume likes this.
  3. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

There were many, many unnamed patterns and it's quite likely yours never had a name.
    Pretty set, I love Paragon china. :)

pearlsnblume likes this.
  4. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

The number is probably the pattern number.

pearlsnblume likes this.
  5. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

Yes, is it G401? Maybe clearer on another piece.

6. JennySmurf

JennySmurf New Member

Hi Janetpjohn, yes I just checked another cup and it is G401. Thanks at least I have a pattern number now.

pearlsnblume likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted