Featured Help I/D bracelet .revisited.

Discussion in 'Militaria' started by Zeppelin78, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Zeppelin78

Zeppelin78 Well-Known Member

1B574FC8-41C9-4B23-9E26-A4B6AC6B67D3.jpeg 72C942BF-EB37-42A3-9065-D6B422745FB9.jpeg 7256F212-F595-4A04-A498-595C92AFA86F.jpeg 25ADEE82-D459-4969-83C1-D23DBC89A0C6.jpeg B7FD6637-674F-464B-AD1B-C78AFB4CE017.jpeg 4BC59D15-BE60-4594-92FB-11AE54EE8E93.jpeg Hello everyone I had this bracelet on the jewlery forum section and one of the member said it could possibly be military related so I figured I would post it again and see if anyone might have any idea if it’s military related and possible age thanks ..matt

Diggummup, judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Jimmy T Claxton, US Navy during WWII - serial number 351-31-09.

3. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Some sailor bought it on leave,thats probably as much relation it has to military. I like it.

judy, Christmasjoy and Bakersgma like this.
  4. Bakersgma

Definitely not "official issue." A keepsake reminder of his service.

judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  5. Zeppelin78

Wow that was some very quick responses thank you Johnny and bakers for your responses I figured it wasn’t military issued but was wondering if it was military related since I couldn’t find that name anywhere and wasn’t even sure if that was a military but because of you guys now I know. Thanks again guys and gals. .. Matt

judy, Christmasjoy and Bakersgma like this.
  6. Bakersgma

You're welcome, Matt. Is there more you want to know about him or did you get that from the other thread?

7. Zeppelin78

Hello I wasn’t able to find out any info on jimmy I tryed to look him up ,tryed his number and wasn’t able to find him not sure how you found him that would be great if found some info on him. Nobody else had any info on him either so if you do that would be amazing. Thanks a million bakersgma

8. Bakersgma

I found him on several Navy Muster Rolls on Ancestry. These lists of sailors include their serial numbers, so it was fairly easy to confirm that the number on the bracelet was in fact his official designation in the Navy. Let me see what else I can find.

Figtree3, judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  9. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

As I remember from the other thread, we were reading as Chinghua.
    I’m now wondering if some extra letter may be worn off. Could it be Chinghuang?

judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  10. Zeppelin78

Hello hunting now that I look at it closer it sure looks like some letters are defiantly missing I will search the name you came up with and see what happens. that’s hunting for your response very much appreciated

judy likes this.
  11. Bakersgma

12. i need help

13. Zeppelin78

Wow thank you so much for the link bakersgma that is amazing especially that he is resting in the Dewey cematary which is like 2 miles from where I live in Prescott valley and seeing his headstone in the link made me remember seeing it when I was walking around there a year or so ago I will need to go back there this weekend and check it out again wow what amazing link you gave me and want to say once again thanks a million for taking time out of your night to help me research the bracelet. Amazing.

14. Bakersgma

You're very welcome, of course. Quite interesting that the bracelet is no longer in the family's hands. :(

Christmasjoy and i need help like this.
  15. Zeppelin78

Ya that’s the crappy part about it the guy who was selling it said he was selling his great grandfathers belongings and for him to sell his great grandfathers bracelet for $15.00 is a sad thing but if they don’t want to keep it for a keepsake than I will be glad to keep it with me .at the time I didn’t see the name on it cause it was very tarnished or I would asked him about it but he didn’t seem to care only the money he wanted.

16. i need help

Very Sad. :(

jakatch likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted