Help I/D large necklace

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Zeppelin78, May 30, 2018.

1. Zeppelin78

Zeppelin78 Well-Known Member

B9D3FB11-C685-40E0-87D3-66ACAE1F001A.jpeg 80BE2EE5-8D9B-4C75-BC17-713555167A8B.jpeg 1B6F1CB7-C95D-46F8-8D06-9381E7FBCC33.jpeg Hello again everyone I have another item I would like so info on it’s a large necklace and tests for silver any info on the necklace would be great once again thanks. ya 4E5D852D-9560-4901-9CC6-B54C2AF3F660.jpeg

Any Jewelry likes this.
  2. terry5732

terry5732 Well-Known Member

I believe that is bearmanpig that algore warned about

3. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

Chinese theme,mystery animal standing on a Sycee/YuanBao Boat Ingot.

Huntingtreasure likes this.
  4. Huntingtreasure

Huntingtreasure Well-Known Member

5. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Beautiful. It is a Qing dynasty amulet necklace, probably middle to late 19th century.
    The stones in the necklace look like coral, which they usually are, and the stones in the dangles are carnelian. Both stones are thought to have protective qualities and be beneficial to the health, particularly of women.
    The little guy could be intended as a little boy, to ensure the wearer would get sons. Wealthy sons, since he is standing on an ingot.
    Here is a Qing dynasty baby boy amulet charm:
    [​IMG]
    https://www.etsy.com/listing/534334634/antique-silver-baby-boy-charm-qing
    Boys often wore pig-shaped hats and shoes, so evil spirits would think they were pigs and leave them alone. A boy amulet with a pig snout, if that is what it is, could have the same intention. The shape of the nose could just be a rather unfortunate coincidence, not intended as a pig's snout.
    The boy has shou symbols on his jacket, for longevity.
    The other symbols are butterflies, again for long life but this time for the wearer, and also for warmth and joy, and endless knots for eternity.
    Here are more Qing dynasty amulet necklaces:
    https://www.etsy.com/search?q=Qing dynasty amulet necklace

Last edited: May 31, 2018
  6. Zeppelin78

Zeppelin78 Well-Known Member

Thank you everyone for your responses everyone is all so much help. And thanks to you any jewlery for the amazing reply and all the information I will keep your info and keep it with the necklace thanks again everyone for another great experience. Matt.

Draft saved Draft deleted