Help I/D pottery

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Zeppelin78, Jun 17, 2018.

1. Zeppelin78

Zeppelin78 Well-Known Member

EED3DD1A-C1DB-4D30-9AB5-675C90FBB123.jpeg C67F0527-3729-4E11-ADCD-A9F653A850B3.jpeg A17DA13F-DFAA-4410-80B4-91E074BB4AEE.jpeg 38E90CE5-985F-4C4B-8540-F407E627BBE2.jpeg Hello everyone I have had this pottery bowl for many years and can’t seem to find anything about it the only thing I can guess is it’s a amature potter that made it at home if anyone has heard of this artist your info would be great thanks like always. Matt.

2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

How many is "many years"? The date looks like 1999 to me, but it may look different in person.

I vote studio pottery, which is often impossible to identify beyond what you see underneath. "Deb Hall" might have been local to the area where it was found, or might have been further away and selling in a "local artists store or sale" as a souvenir.

If the "American Gothic" image inside was painted by hand, she was quite talented. But you should take a loupe to it to see if the image was printed or a transfer - look for printing dots.

judy likes this.
  3. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

I thought it said Yale Hall, which the university does have a pottery studio. I can’t find an example of marks. And it’s just a guess.
    Edit No, not the university, but it still looks like the word Yale to me.

judy likes this.
  4. Zeppelin78

Thanks all for your reply’s I figured it sometimes not possible to find the artist but thought I would ask anyways it’s definally a painted picture that is what caught my eye thanks again for the replies. Matt

judy likes this.
  5. i need help

Does it say Grant Woods?
    Can to take a picture showing front bottom of painting, that is in the shadow now.

6. Zeppelin78

Hello treasures ya it says grant woods wasn’t sure what that was about either.

7. i need help

judy and Bakersgma like this.
  8. Zeppelin78

Thank you treasures that makes sense something so easy I overlooked once again you guys and gals are great.

judy and i need help like this.
  9. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

I thought it said Dale Hall but couldn't find anything. I do think it's odd that it says Grant Woods across the middle, since it's not his painting exactly and not the correct spelling of his name.

i need help likes this.
  10. i need help

I looked at it again, and do see Dale, now.

Draft saved Draft deleted