Featured Help ID Glass Pitcher and Tumblers Please

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Marie Forjan, Oct 14, 2022.

1. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Hi all, I picked this set up yesterday because I thought it was pretty and the store was asking $22 which I thought was very affordable.

The enamel decoration is in very good shape. The gold around the rim on the pitcher is also in good shape, on the tumblers it is worn badly.

I can not feel the optic on the outside of either the tumblers or pitcher but I can on the inside. I assume that means it was pressed with the optic on the plunger, is that right?

Measurements are on the photos. Does anyone have an idea of who or when?

I looked through the book on tumblers by @Cherryhill and didn't see these. I also looked at all the pitchers on EAPGS.org and found some similar by Jefferson but not exact matches to the pitcher's shape. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Also calling @TallCakes :)

Pitcher.jpg PitcherBottom.jpg PitcherTop.jpg TumblerSides.jpg TumblerBottom.jpg

Figtree3, judy, pearlsnblume and 4 others like this.
  2. silverbell

silverbell Well-Known Member

Have never seen that before (although that doesn't mean a great deal). But isn't that a lovely set. Looks like antique French silk dress material. Or a Vodka tonic...

3. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

They are beautiful. I have no clue to maker tho.

4. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Can't tell you who made this but it is typical of a late 19th century enameled juice set. Including this in your search terms might be helpful.

bercrystal likes this.
  5. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone, I will report back if I find out anything.

Draft saved Draft deleted