help id mark on pottery

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by rink28, Jun 28, 2019.

1. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

Hi, i was wondering if anyone could help me identify this mark on this pottery vase? any information would be great thanks!

deervase1.jpg deervase2.jpg deervase3.jpg

2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

This one looks like a commercial piece and the stamped mark may be identifiable if you can post a picture of it straight on instead if at an angle.

Jivvy likes this.
  3. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

Here is a better straight shot of the mark bakersgma. also what era do you think its from? It appears to be a shield for the mark.

mark1.jpg

4. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

This at least, clearly says U.S.A.......but wondering why someone wanted to obliterate part of the initials below......? And I like this little vase too!!!!

X2ZZZZZZ mark1-edit.jpg

Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
  5. Bakersgma

Actually looks like numbers. Of course, the question still stands.;)

Aquitaine likes this.
  6. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Bakers.....I see what you mean, now, if you're referring to the partially obliterated part!! The first one looks like an '8'......

7. Bakersgma

Yup - 8 on the left and a 6 on the right.

8. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

Yeah definitely says usa. Also you are correct in the numbers too. I like the look if it too its pretty interesting just wish we could figure out that mark. Any idea of age?

9. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

I found it in Lehner's and only had to flip to the E's. Everlast Co., a selling agency for Goldcrest Ceramics Corp. in the 1940s in Trenton. It says Goldcrest across the shield and Fine China on the banner. I think it became Goldscheider for a few years. This looks like some of the things listed as Kathi Urbach.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
  10. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

Well done janetpjohn and thank you! Thats her! I saw some of her works on google images and one had the exact same design but it was a planter.

Draft saved Draft deleted