Help ID screwdriver set?

Discussion in 'Tools' started by Potteryplease, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Potteryplease

Potteryplease Well-Known Member

CFB41443-9189-4A65-97F0-3CE9FBD6A5B7.jpeg Does anyone recognize this set of screwdrivers? Three say ‘Made in West Germany’ and ‘Chrome Vanadium.’ Any company name or direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! B62BB899-D7BE-4537-8F7E-D13BAD285BA2.jpeg B62BB899-D7BE-4537-8F7E-D13BAD285BA2.jpeg 5E88DF2E-3563-463B-BD59-46B47B38FF4D.jpeg

2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

The West Germany designation puts these into about 1960's - late 1980's (when the Berlin Wall came down and the east and west reunited.)

judy likes this.
  3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

maybe called a Cabinetmaker's Screwdrivers set........

judy likes this.
  4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Such fun designs.

Debora

5. Potteryplease

Potteryplease Well-Known Member

I should have included a ruler for scale. The big ones are 11”, mid are 8” and small are 5”. Thanks again for any help!

antidiem and judy like this.
  6. Mixdenny

Mixdenny Active Member

Phillips made screwdrivers for Mercedes Benz and Porsche marked "Made in West Germany" and Chrome Vanadium" in this same transparent yellow. The ones I have seen do not have this beautiful handle shape, however.

komokwa likes this.
  7. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

Found these just today in the latest clearance.
    I have had this design pass through my hands many times in the last 45 years.

These were made in Sheffield.

20200910_164600.jpg

20200910_164612.jpg

8. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

Chrom-Vanadium was one of the first marketing gags for a wide range of tools. technicalwise the quality still lay in the quality of the steel-hardening process and not the addition of these two elements. it was rather a sign for cheap supermarket and DIY tools. the serious companies like SnapOn, Hazet, Kraftwerk etc. didn't use it as a selling argument in the long run.

Draft saved Draft deleted