Featured Help Id this Chinese ceramic Vase is original or fake

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by said hatim, Aug 30, 2018.

1. said hatim

said hatim New Member

Name for marks: Yongzheng Nian Zhi - "Yongzheng Period Make

Length : 5 cm

Approximate period: 1723-1735
    IMG-20180830-WA0116.jpg IMG-20180830-WA0115.jpg IMG-20180830-WA0107.jpg IMG-20180830-WA0104.jpg

2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

It is a recent snuff bottle, missing a stopper. The mark isn't written in the antique way.

This is what it would look like with stopper. This is a round one, but you get the idea. You can buy the stoppers, with spoons attached, online.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
    Christmasjoy, i need help and Bronwen like this.
  3. said hatim

said hatim New Member

Is it possible to be a fake?

Christmasjoy likes this.
  4. Any Jewelry

Chinese often put early marks on porcelain. Sometimes intended to deceive, sometimes just to refer to a great period in art history.
    The style of the shape, decoration and mark are not of the Yongzheng period, so this is likely to be intended as a tribute.

Christmasjoy and i need help like this.
  5. said hatim

said hatim New Member

Thank you very much for the information I have benefited

Christmasjoy and Any Jewelry like this.
  6. Any Jewelry

It is a pleasure, Said.
    The first rule of buying Chinese porcelain is, don't trust the mark. Sad but true. Buy something if you like it, and if you think the price is right for you.
    If you search the forum for Chinese porcelain, you will find some more advice. And we are always happy to answer questions, if we can.

Draft saved Draft deleted