Help Id this mark

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by manny, Nov 19, 2018.

1. manny

manny Active Member

Hi I need help ID this mark could be Dutch but I could not find it thank you IMG_0833.JPG IMG_0838.JPG

aaroncab likes this.
  2. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

I get a newer Chinese feel . I could be wrong so wait for others.

judy likes this.
  3. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Could it be German?

Brunswick. The elder of the two Brunswick factories - the Herzogliche Fabrik, whose wares are generally marked V H in monogram - began by producing pottery which was clearly Dutch-inspired. Some immensely tall tulip vases exist, remarkably well potted and painted with schematized trees with sponged foliage. The factory produced a number of figures, no coarser than those made at Delft, most occurring in blue monochrome as well as in simple high-temperature colours. This same predilection for plastic effects is shown in various baskets and plates with open basketwork edges and, more notably, in the relief ornament on various covered vases of heavy rococo shape, generally painted in blue and manganese. The Brunswick factory, with its early date and attractive, simple colouring, in which a curiously flat cobalt blue is characteristic, exerted a wide influence, and mention must also be made of jugs and mugs on which the crowned monogram AR, sometimes in cobalt blue, is shown on a powdered-manganese ground. These are often, wrongly, associated with Queen Anne: the cipher is that of Augustus Rex.

from: http://www.noteaccess.com/APPROACHES/DecorativeAA/PGerman.htm

dgbjwc, Any Jewelry and i need help like this.
  4. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

I don't know, but it says "monogram", which this is not.

5. manny

manny Active Member

Hi I can't see any similarity I guess Dutch or maybe Portuguese

6. manny

manny Active Member

I guess Dutch Delf polychrome 18th century or early

aaroncab likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted