Help Identifing Antique Pottery Marking

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by VincentAlberici, Jul 4, 2019.

1. VincentAlberici

VincentAlberici New Member

Hi
    I have been scowndering the internet trying to find information on the markings of these two unique sculpted lamps that I have. Each are a different size, I know they are hand done. Markelings say, MP in a box with squiggly lines on top as you can see in the picture. The cultiping on lamp looks like venitian women and hands. Anyone have any clue to who the maker / designer? Was thinking mid century Italian?

Thanks for your expertise. View attachment 188912 View attachment 188911 20190704_134335.jpg 20190704_134532.jpg 20190704_145550.jpg 20190704_145530.jpg

Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
    Figtree3 and komokwa like this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

show the whole item please...... & click on FULL IMAGE....

3. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Welcome, Vincent! We'd love to help, but there don't seem to be any pictures?

4. VincentAlberici

VincentAlberici New Member

Thanks, sorry new to the site :) I just added a couple more pictures in FULL. Hopefully someone can help me identify these!!

Thank you.
    Vincent

komokwa and yourturntoloveit like this.
  5. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I like them! Don't know anything about the mark, though. And welcome to Antiquers, @VincentAlberici !

6. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

Well, they’re not antique, but vintage and nicely done. Could be 1970s to 2000, IMHO. The mark looks rather like those of studio potters, although these could be retail and a sticker with company name and country of origin has come off. The lamp fixtures might give you an idea of date.

Figtree3 likes this.
  7. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure the "lamp hardware" is 70's, I converted some pottery jugs and bean pots into lamps mid-decade a these look a great deal like what I used.

Figtree3 and kentworld like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted