HELP IDENTIFY an unusual piece of glass

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Bigfoot, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Bigfoot

Bigfoot Active Member

HELLO ALL AGAIN...Just want to say that you have an exceptional group of people here.
    This glass pitcher is hand blown..the base is applied to the bowl and it sits on an angle..does not show well in the photos but the stem is crooked too PICT0002.JPG PICT0003.JPG PICT0004.JPG PICT0005.JPG PICT0006.JPG PICT0007.JPG PICT0011.JPG PICT0012.JPG ..the top is yellow but what's unusual is when I put UV to the top the bowl blows up a bright orange but when its put to the side it does nothing as seen in the last photo..thanks in advance for your help on this one..Andy

2. Cherryhill

Cherryhill Well-Known Member

UV reaction is to cadmium, can't explain why not on the side, thuogh.

3. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

Perhaps 2 layers of glass (cased - in a sense) inner layer is UV reactive, outer layer somehow blocking UV. - A theory based on - observation :)

4. Bigfoot

Bigfoot Active Member

its almost like fiber optics..from the top it blows up..but also PICT0001.JPG when I hold it underneath a red ring appears...very strange...I added a photo

5. Bigfoot

Bigfoot Active Member

also its not thick like cased glass..its on the thin side..ive been scratching my head for a pretty long time with this one...thanks for all your help..Andy

6. Bigfoot

Bigfoot Active Member

THANKS ALL IT WAS A GOOD TRY

Draft saved Draft deleted