HELP IDENTIFY an unusual piece of hand made metal

Discussion in 'Metalware' started by Bigfoot, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Bigfoot

Bigfoot Active Member

HELLO ALL....ive had this piece for over 25 years and for sometimes years and months at a time I keep it with me..ive asked literally 100's of collectors and know one knows for sure what this is..ive heard everything from a pipe cleaner - cigar cutter - pendant..a few said it was a 1000 plus years old and could be from the vikings or middle eastern PICT0013.JPG PICT0015.JPG PICT0024.JPG PICT0025.JPG PICT0027.JPG PICT0028.JPG PICT0030.JPG PICT0032.JPG ..its hand made from top to bottom..there is an edge inside the hole..I don't think its silver but it does not stick or draw any pull from a magnet...thanks in advance for any help..this one has me stumped for a very long time...Andy

2. 916Bulldogs123

916Bulldogs123 Well-Known Member

Welcome Andy.
    On the end with the round hole is there writing in that circle below the hole?

i need help likes this.
  3. Bigfoot

Bigfoot Active Member

if it is its ancient...im going to try to add another photo..the little circles kind of look like stars..they look like there hand punched in hallmarks..

4. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

Tuareg Cross

5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

..ive asked literally 100's of collectors

collectors of what.....Benie babies ??? :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Rayo56 and i need help like this.
  7. Bigfoot

Bigfoot Active Member

thanks so much for your help... PICT0032.JPG PICT0033.JPG PICT0035.JPG PICT0039.JPG PICT0040.JPG

i need help and komokwa like this.
  8. Bigfoot

Bigfoot Active Member

wow very cool and thanks ..I just looked at a bunch and most of those all look to have bails.also they look very new...mine has a very old patina and wear that I do not see on any of the others on google and eBay...do you know how old the originals are

9. Bigfoot

Bigfoot Active Member

thank you to all...I found some older ones that look very similar...you guys are great..I showed this to so many people...

komokwa likes this.