Help identify antique doll please!?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by HeatherBaldoll, Aug 1, 2021.

1. HeatherBaldoll

HeatherBaldoll New Member

F881880E-2A33-46BE-A63F-4A12DC412F07.jpeg 960ECEC4-8E7E-4B26-A465-521F587EF71A.jpeg 04529AFA-F963-4EFA-AC05-5636640FB0FC.jpeg 13169236-69F0-4E78-93FD-62BCC4E2BDE8.jpeg I think this doll was given to my great grandmother in Scotland circa 1890’s. I’m not sure whether some or all of the clothes are original. She has a 10 marked on the back of her head and 60 on her feet and legs but no other makers mark. She has blue eyes that have fallen into her head, she has a real hair wig, wooden limbs and we think a plaster body and fingers, toes etc. From looking online it appears she may be German or French but we can’t be sure. Can anyone help to give us any more information or clues please! Thank you for any help!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2021
    judy likes this.
  2. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

Could you please edit your post and tick the box for Full images? Saves a click/tap to see your larger photos.

i need help and judy like this.
  3. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Did you look for markings on the back of the head or upper body?

Probably the body is composition.

sabre123 likes this.
  4. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Well.....sorry Heather..........I see you did mention markings.

It might be helpful to show those markings............Please show the entire back of the doll.

I'll be back later.........hopefully to help.

Darkwing Manor and sabre123 like this.
  5. Darkwing Manor

Darkwing Manor Well-Known Member

Not the best pic, but the wig does not look original to the age of the head.. perhaps a replacement? Is that her dress? It looks way too big for her, but it is a lovely one. There's a general mismatch feel to it all. I'm wondering if the doll is an assemblage also.

6. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

I’ve enlarged your photos, please use the method Sabre described in the Future.

Draft saved Draft deleted