Help identify any info or value on my carved wooden Bears

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Andrewjamesantiques, May 29, 2022.

1. Andrewjamesantiques

Andrewjamesantiques New Member

57E220A2-3E6E-482A-89E4-5BFEDE84CECE.jpeg 6B853085-B3E6-4A9F-81A7-75F78222E053.jpeg CD177798-3CD0-407D-BD65-C6915EE9179B.jpeg E221E2CB-1AEF-49A0-930C-E222D6A30CC6.jpeg 06D20BD5-5B9D-454A-B4E4-C7488F91B624.jpeg 7EA6C917-1976-4D44-9C63-A9BCA6A0EBAF.jpeg Hi Guys,

I came across these guys in a few different shops - they all look to be matching in design and I am led to believe they are 'Junction 18' Bears - they look hand carved and two of them have holes in the bottom as if they were sitting on something.

Anyone know anything more about them as I think they could be of some value but not sure?

Last edited: May 29, 2022
    Pridark and judy like this.
  2. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

Can you post actual photos please. Many of us won't click on links.

3. Andrewjamesantiques

Andrewjamesantiques New Member

Yes so sorry I didn’t realise , I have now added photos to the original post. Thanks so much.

4. BoudiccaJones

BoudiccaJones Well-Known Member

They do look like Junction 18 bears. Not sure why you think they'e valuable? They don't fetch an awful lot on eBay and most go without any bids.

kyratango, Any Jewelry and komokwa like this.
  5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

[​IMG]

junction 18 christening bear ............ or so I'm led to believe...;)....:wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::inpain:

Any Jewelry and BoudiccaJones like this.
  6. BoudiccaJones

They are usually plush bears, that one looks right to me, an Unexpert. They are meant to be **collectable** and we all know what that means. Too new for me to have any knowledge but I come across them now & again xx

Any Jewelry likes this.
  7. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

They seem to be made by one of those companies that manufacture "collectables" by the thousands or more. My guess is they are made in China or elsewhere in Asia.

They are not "collectables" in the actual sense of the word, which are rare items that collectors search for for years.
    Rather they are made for people who follow a certain fad, and have umpteen of these dotted around the house until they move on to the next thing. To them this is collecting: buying the next model when it is released.

If you like them, by all means buy them and enjoy them. Pleasure can be found in many things. And in ca 90 yrs they are antique.;)

Last edited: May 30, 2022
  8. BoudiccaJones

This is exactly it. Things like Sindy actually ARE collectable, yet they were merely playthings :O ( this gives me the palpitations,thinking of children handling me dollies :O ) whereas Franklin Mint dolls, for example, are made to be collectable yet they are anything but.

The *value* in these is just as you describe, AJ, they have a certain look and certainly if you enjoy to look at them it's win/win!

Any Jewelry likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted