Featured Help Identify Art Deco Cobalt Blue Ashtray

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Lew Fisher, Nov 20, 2021.

1. Lew Fisher

Lew Fisher Well-Known Member

Can anybody help to identify the maker of this blue ashtray? It has qualities of Viking Glass and resembles Duncan Miller "Rocket" but that's not right. Thanks for sharing. It's about 3-1/4" tall. DSCN2030.JPG DSCN2031.JPG DSCN2032.JPG

judy, Boland, TallCakes and 2 others like this.
  2. *crs*

*crs* Hippy Dippy Antiquer

judy, TallCakes and Bronwen like this.
  3. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

Last edited: Nov 20, 2021
    judy and *crs* like this.
  4. Lew Fisher

Thanks both "crs" and TallCakes! I know that ashtray site and it's helped in the past. Do you think, Tall Cakes, that it may be a Duncan product? That difference in form is disquieting.

*crs*, judy and TallCakes like this.
  5. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

doesn't look D&M to me. did find another noted as Fry but nothing I could confirm
    1920s FRY DEPRESSION GLASS LARGE & HEAVY CIGAR CIGARETTE ASHTRAY IN ROSE PINK | #1978430913 (worthpoint.com)

this one mentions partial label
    Published: The Collector's Encyclopedia of Fry Glass, pls. 221, 240 and 241.

FRY GLASS ASHTRAYS, LOT OF SIX | #3824724541 (worthpoint.com)

FRY GLASS ASHTRAYS, LOT OF SIX - Jeffrey S. Evans & Associates (jeffreysevans.com)

anyone figure out the label on this black one:
    Vintage Art Deco Large,Black Glass Ashtray | #26344099 (worthpoint.com)

Last edited: Nov 20, 2021
  6. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Who knew there was a site for ashtrays?? Thanks

*crs* likes this.
  7. Lew Fisher

That is all so fascinating and helpful. I can't figure out the label on that black one either. It looks suspiciously fresh. I'm surprised that the seller doesn't even mention its existence in the description. Well I'm not surprised. But that partial Fry label on the other one is a pretty good determiner I think. At least I wouldn't be remiss to advertise it as Fry (question mark). I found 2 of these today, identical, out hunting. Thank you so much Tall Cakes.

*crs* and TallCakes like this.
  8. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Maybe a Blackbird?
    Image2.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted