Featured HELP IDENTIFY Chinese yixing teapot 2 impressed marks

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Bigfoot, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Bigfoot

Bigfoot Active Member

HELLO ALL...I did some tests and it looks to be yixing clay.lid rings nice..when I filled it with hot water it was making a nice tinking sound also when putting the lid on it has a a nice ring...the lid had a big piece missing..I started a repair but have not finished it yet..measures 6 inches from handle to end of spout..looks hand made..just curious about the marks..one mark is impressed under the lid and the other is on the base..im not sure what's up or down...also I'm not sure if its 10 years old or 2000 years old which I highly doubt..but you never know...thanks in advance for your time and effort IMG_4384.JPG IMG_4385.JPG IMG_4386.JPG IMG_4387.JPG IMG_4388.JPG IMG_4389.JPG IMG_4390.JPG IMG_4391.JPG IMG_4392.JPG IMG_4394.JPG

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

it's sweet.....

i need help and Christmasjoy like this.
  3. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

A pretty thing... I hope somebody can help with the age.

i need help likes this.
  4. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Have you read this section of Gotheborg? http://www.gotheborg.com/marks/yixing.shtml

There are identified marks there, but they are mostly really old and I don't think your pot is that far back. I'm used to seeing Yixing pots being browner, although your lighting may have affected the color in your pictures.

Is there tea residue and scent inside?

5. April07

April07 Well-Known Member

I am not a teapot expert, just a tea lover, but I think that type of paint as in the landscape is not usual for the most recent ones. However, I would be surprised if it's older than the 20th century. The brushstrokes look a bit "conveyer" to me.

i need help and aaroncab like this.
  6. Bigfoot

Bigfoot Active Member

hello and thanks for your help...theres calligraphy on one side..does anyone know what it says...now get ready...I was just in a car accident and I'm stiff as a board..got rear ended pretty good...heading to hospital because of chest pain now and lower back pain...just to be on the safe side...I had a heart stent put in recently and also a triple stent graft on my abdominal aorta to fix an aneurysm...my wife is walking the dogs before we leave..lmao...if I live ill look tonight when I get home..gotta go she yelling at me...im 61 ..what can I say I love my hobby..im sure you can all relate...besides your supposed to let your family know when something bad happened and I feel like I have a new family here...thanks all Andy

kentworld, anundverkaufen and komokwa like this.
  7. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Oh dear! I hope everything will turn out okay!

anundverkaufen likes this.
  8. komokwa

OH CRAP !!......I hope it's just bruises & shock ...and you heal up soon !!!!!:inpain::inpain:

9. Bigfoot

Bigfoot Active Member

thanks for your concern...
    among numerous other things I have a fractured vertebrae at C-2...going to surgeon tomorrow..they wanted to do emergency surgery last night but I'm on blood thinner brilinta..all the stents were fine...Andy

10. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

Best of luck to you BF! Here's hoping they get you fixed up good as new.

11. Bigfoot

Bigfoot Active Member

thanks much Andy

12. komokwa

That sucks...!!! feel better soon !!!!
    Is it time to sue the other driver ??

Draft saved Draft deleted