Featured Help identify glass bowl with ruffled edge

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Colleen S, Feb 27, 2024.

1. Colleen S

Colleen S New Member

bowl with ruffled edge.jpg closeup of bottom .jpg long shot bottom .jpg another inside view .jpg Glass bowl edge .jpg Underside of handle .jpg side shot of bowl .jpg I was recently gifted this bowl and know nothing about it other than the previous owner said "be careful with it as it is expensive". It has no mark on the bottom and measures 9"x11"x5". It is a very light pink, the inside is white like milk glass, and the ruffled edge is translucent amber. Does anyone know anything about this beautiful gift? TIA.

View attachment 474588

Last edited: Feb 27, 2024
  2. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

Lovely!
    You may want to use "Thread Tools" above right of your post and add the word glass to your title so people in the know will look at your thread.

wlwhittier, Bronwen and bercrystal like this.
  3. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

Hello @Colleen S & welcome to the forum!! :happy::happy:

It might help in the ID of this bowl if you could add a few more photos.

The photos should include a shot of the interior, a shot of the bottom & a close-up of any types of marks if there are any.

It kind of reminds me of a Mount Washington Burmese piece but please do wait for others to comment.

4. Colleen S

Colleen S New Member

Done. Thank you!

bercrystal likes this.
  5. Colleen S

Colleen S New Member

Adding photos. Thank you!

bercrystal and komokwa like this.
  6. Potteryplease

Potteryplease Well-Known Member

And they're great photos-- well done!

Colleen S, wlwhittier and bercrystal like this.
  7. *crs*

*crs* Hippy Dippy Antiquer

Just got home from bowling and seeing this. Mt. Washington was my first thought also Peggy but I know nothing ;)

8. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

@Colleen S - Great photos!! That is a beautiful bowl. :happy::happy:

One more suggestion. Add the words Mount Washington Burmese with a question mark to your title.

I am going to tag a couple of folks who might be able to add some thoughts.

@TallCakes

@anundverkaufen

@dgbjwc

*crs* likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted