Help Identify Hand Blown Cocktail Glasses or Bud Vases?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Dapunnisher, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Dapunnisher

Dapunnisher Active Member

Hello Glass Masters!

Please help identify the maker of these groovy cocktail glasses/vases.

I say groovy as I believe these date to the 1960's Mid-Century Modern?

Hand blown amber glass with pinstripes. The heights are 10" , 8", and 5" respectively and are light weight, the tallest weighing @ 16oz.

Thank you for your help!

20190218_215743.jpg 20190218_215841.jpg 20190218_215953.jpg 20190218_220004.jpg

2. patd8643

patd8643 Well-Known Member

Dapunnisher likes this.
  3. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

They look like vases to me. I always say to myself, "could someone drink from this" and it doesn't seem likely, at least, not without wearing the liquid. With that thick base, they look kind of like Mexican glass to me. But wait for others to give their opinions.

4. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Was just thinking the same. A set of vases. The top rim looks sharp- another reason these probably aren't for drinking. Might have been created as more of a decorative display than actual vases for flowers, although certainly would work for that. I like the color.

Dapunnisher and Bakersgma like this.
  5. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

6. Dapunnisher

Dapunnisher Active Member

Thank you everyone! Helps a lot to know how to describe the darn things :)

"Hooped Glass Vase"

pearlsnblume likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted