Featured Help Identify Maker and Define Decoration Techniques Cocktail Glass

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Dapunnisher, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Dapunnisher

Dapunnisher Active Member

Hello glass experts!

As my journeys take me to far away lands of the Goodwill resale shops, I came across this fine example of a cocktail glass. Honestly, I don't spend much time in the glass, goblet and coffee mug section as my bread-n-butter is in sporting goods and toys. However, I do get lucky on occasion and am left a bone or two to find that the true art dealers leave behind.

Please help me identify the maker of this glass. The glass measures 4 1/2" tall, 3 1/2" diameter at the mouth and 2" at the foot. The foot is slightly concave. The glass weighs in at just over a pound. The glass material is a gradient from brown to green. There is a snowy pattern on the inside of the glass and the pine needle pattern on the outside is embossed.

I do not know if I am using the right terminology so please correct me where I have made mistakes.

So, do I have a nice art piece or did this glass come from IKEA?

Thank you for your help!

20190107_165426.jpg 20190107_165453.jpg 20190107_165522.jpg

2. bobsyouruncle

bobsyouruncle Well-Known Member

lovely!!!

i need help likes this.
  3. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

A) I like it and B) not a clue.

4. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

I think it’s trying to be in the STYLE of Galle, so Cameo?

Dapunnisher, judy and bobsyouruncle like this.
  5. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

A cocktail glass weighing in at over a pound? Strong drinker it would have to be.

6. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

I doubt this is a cocktail glass - too heavy (as Kiko mentioned), way too nicely created (spatter glass inside and cameo or cameo-like outside), base too narrow and does not look to have a safety rim. I really like it, but wouldn't attempt drinking out of it.

7. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

Figtree3, Dapunnisher, judy and 6 others like this.
  8. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

9. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

I like it too.I was going to say a vase.

10. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

I know NOTHING about the kind of glass that you, @Dapunnisher, are showing, but I see the 'black' on the outside is raised.....wondering if that could be lead, making the glass heavy.....or even a painted black silver????

judy and i need help like this.
  11. Phaik Hooi

Phaik Hooi Well-Known Member

nice! i would put a tealight candle in it if it fits :D

judy and i need help like this.
  12. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Cameo glass tumbler vase, that is. Dunno who.

13. Dapunnisher

Dapunnisher Active Member

You guys and gals are AWESOME! Thank you so very much!

Draft saved Draft deleted