HELP IDENTIFY MAKER - BEAUTIFUL LADIES LEATHER w/FRINGE MOTORCYCLE JACKET

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by journeymagazine, Mar 3, 2020.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I found this at a local thrift store yesterday. It has some age (look at little holes nest to where the draw strings are in photo 4), and is heavy & feels well made. It also used to have a zippered interior.
    It has care instructions + a size label inside a leather hook to hang the jacket up by - but no maker's tag!?
    Any idea who made this, when it's actually from and/or any other info/thoughts?
    Thanks all!

CLOTHES JACKET LEATHER WITH FRINGE MOTORCYCLE JACKET 1AA.JPG CLOTHES JACKET LEATHER WITH FRINGE MOTORCYCLE JACKET 2AA.JPG CLOTHES JACKET LEATHER WITH FRINGE MOTORCYCLE JACKET 3AA.JPG CLOTHES JACKET LEATHER WITH FRINGE MOTORCYCLE JACKET 4AA.JPG CLOTHES JACKET LEATHER WITH FRINGE MOTORCYCLE JACKET 4A_AA.JPG CLOTHES JACKET LEATHER WITH FRINGE MOTORCYCLE JACKET 5AA.JPG CLOTHES JACKET LEATHER WITH FRINGE MOTORCYCLE JACKET 6A_A.JPG CLOTHES JACKET LEATHER WITH FRINGE MOTORCYCLE JACKET 6A_AA.JPG CLOTHES JACKET LEATHER WITH FRINGE MOTORCYCLE JACKET 6A_AAA.JPG CLOTHES JACKET LEATHER WITH FRINGE MOTORCYCLE JACKET 6AA.JPG

Any Jewelry likes this.
  2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

KikoBlueEyes and Figtree3 like this.
  3. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

It would be easier to tell if somebody was wearing it, but the style and the loose fit kind of look like 1990s (or maybe late 1980s) to me. Just a guess, though.

KikoBlueEyes and i need help like this.
  4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Agree that hard to tell on hanger. Speaking of which... Isn't that fun (and saleable.)

Debora

Figtree3 and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  5. flipper

flipper Striving to face adversity with tact and humor

upload_2020-3-3_9-35-50.jpeg I believe I located it, but, of course, the link was wrong :shifty:

I believe the brand name is FIRST but I can't find a match to the floral cutouts yet. They were established in 1987...which seems about right.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
    Figtree3, reader and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  6. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Motorcycle jackets are a bit tricky because inspiration retro to begin with. Tags indicate not old, old.

Debora

Figtree3, lloyd249 and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  7. journeymagazine

8. Firemandk

Firemandk Well-Known Member

Rusty eyelets where the fringe is ...my guess is Made in China jacket ....

kyratango and Figtree3 like this.
  9. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

"Have clean by a professional leather cleaner only" would certainly hint at China.

Debora

10. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Where did you get that hanger..........I stayed at that hotel... many moons ago...when it was only $400 a night !!!

11. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

A current closet at The Berkeley Hotel. The hanger above is vintage.

Debora

407ccd4c428a2429241297feb4cc932c.jpg

kyratango likes this.
  12. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Vintage....early 80's ....I know...I was there !
    I used to walk a couple of blocks over to the Palace to see the changing of the guard !!
    Never got invited in though....
    Then I'd walk all the way to Picadilly Circus.....just to be in the heart of it all !!

Figtree3, kyratango and i need help like this.
  13. journeymagazine

It was 1 of 10 for $10 I found at a local thrift store (where else would I find something?!)

kyratango likes this.
  14. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

In the sale pile?

Debora

Figtree3 likes this.
  15. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Shoulders on that look late 80s into 90s.

I wonder who stole that hanger. ;)

i need help and Figtree3 like this.
  16. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Wish it had been me. Nothing I like better than a comfortable hotel. (Although my coat hanger-stealing days are long behind me.)

Debora

Figtree3 and i need help like this.
  17. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

00C1E1EC-EBA8-4065-90FF-BFAA1B9CCD3D.jpeg They’re Wise to that! :hilarious:

Figtree3 likes this.
  18. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

True! I did recently stay in a hotel that had the traditional type of hangers, though. Not like these.

i need help likes this.
  19. journeymagazine

Others are Neiman Marcus, 4 Seasons & 1 with just a capitol F (I think - in script)

Figtree3 and i need help like this.
  20. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Four Seasons collectibles very much so, especially now that it is no more. Post the "F," and perhaps we can identify for you. If it's not the Fairmont.

Debora

150px-Fairmont_Logo.png

Figtree3 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted